Chapter 9

Jeff stood in the doorway, staring intently at Christian and Edge. He crossed his arms as he glared at the two men, saying, "I'm going to ask you two one more time." He asked in a stern tone, "what the hell are you doing here?"

A nervous look developed on Christian's face as he turned to Edge and said, "Uh, we were just looking for the bathroom!" There was a slight sway in the air as Nora slowly stepped away from the two of them and moved closer to Jeff.

"Yes, we were looking for the bathroom," Edge exclaimed.

"The bathroom? In our dressing room?" Jeff asked, pointing over his shoulder to the place where Matt and Lita were standing.

After taking a look at Nora, Edge sighed in defeat before saying, "okay, you caught us. We came over to have some fun, but then we found her asleep on the sofa." He pointed to Nora.

Jeff asked as he took a few more steps in the direction of them, "The two of you just decided to walk into here once you saw Nora sleeping on the sofa?" Christian waved his hands and stated, "We were not planning to harm her."

"What is the point of coming here?" Lita's question echoed behind Nora, who turned to watch Lita approach. In passing Lita and Nora on his way to Jeff's side, Matt asked, "I am not sure what the point of coming here is."

Jeff nodded in agreement with the two. "I think you should leave right now," Jeff said as he gestured for Christian and Edge to exit.

Christian and Edge exited the room quickly without saying anything.

Seeing Edge and Christian leave the room, Nora breathed a sigh of relief. Jeff made his way to Nora and asked, "Did they not hurt you?"

As Nora glanced at Jeff, she shook her head and replied, "No, I just woke up to them talking quietly and looking at me." Jeff sighed. He looked back at Nora and hugged her tightly, saying, "I am glad that they did not harm you."

"I do not mean to ruin your guys' moment, but why is Nora even here?" Matt asked as he gazed at them both.

He breathed out a loud sigh of frustration after letting Nora go. "Nora didn't get much sleep on the plane this morning, so I let her take a nap in here tonight." Jeff said to his brother in an annoyed manner.

In response to Jeff's comments, Matt nodded and sighed as he said, "okay, just don't make it an everyday event."

While walking over to Matt's side, Lita said in a low voice, "Oh Matt, don't worry, Jeff was just looking out for Nora."

Nora smiled awkwardly as she pointed toward the door as she said, "I'll just go find Trish now."

Upon approaching the door, she heard Jeff's voice calling for her from behind: "I will accompany you."

As the two of them walked out of the dressing room, they heard a sound that resembled a slap and a grunt. A voice said, "Sometimes you have to keep your mouth shut." before the door closed behind them.

⎯✳︎⎯⎯✳︎⎯⎯✳︎⎯⎯✳︎⎯

Jeff remarked, "I am sorry about Matt," to Nora as they continued down the hallway in search of Trish.

A smile spread across Nora's face as she shook her head and replied, "it's okay, I understand that there is something going on between my sister and Lita. I do not want to cause any trouble."

Then Jeff chuckled to himself and said, "Nora, it wouldn't have been an issue. My brother is just being protective."

"Apart from all that, can you be sure that those two idiots did not harm you in any way?" he asked again as he brought Edge and Christian back into the discussion.

"All they did was put their arms around me and ask who I am and why I was with you." Nora said shrugging her shoulders.

In response to this act, Jeff stumbled a bit. He asked himself, "why did they put their arms around you?"

Her laughter continued as she assisted Jeff. Afterwards, Nora answered the question, "Yes, they sat on either side of me and put their arms around me. I don't know why, but I quickly moved them."

As Jeff breathed deep, he said in a low voice, "as long as they did not do anything to you." he said, looking down at Nora, but before Nora was able to respond, a voice from behind them interrupted her.

"As long as Nora was not harmed by whom?

The first time they saw Trish, she crossed her arms behind them as they turned around.

When Trish reached Nora's side, she asked, "Did anything happen?"

Taking a deep breath, Nora looked at Jeff out of the corner of her eye, "It was just Edge and Christian being idiots." and then turned to Trish.

Jeff interrupted Trish before she could say anything, and said, "Trish, I have taken care of it, everything is fine now."

When Trish sighs, she glances at her sister with a heartfelt expression on her face and asks, "Are you sure?"

"Don't worry about it," Nora said. "Jeff came just before anything happened."

With a smile, Trish replied, "Okay, that's good."

A few moments later, Nora asked the two wrestlers "So, do you guys have matches tonight?" as they continued down the hallway.

"Well, I don't know, but I know I am going to be involved with the Big Show." Trish replied.

"They are putting you in a storyline with the Big Show?" Nora inquired.

As Trish giggled out loud, she responded, "yeah, so you won't be coming to the ring with me during matches, I will accompany him to the ring."

In response to Nora's frown, Jeff said, "don't worry, you can accompany Team Xtreme to the ring if you wish."

As they approached Trish's dressing room, Jeff continued, "We have a match scheduled against the Dudley Boyz, and you are welcome to join us."

The timid Nora smiled softly at Jeff. "That would be a pleasure," she replied, and he replied, "Okay, cool, see you later." Jeff smiled back at Nora as he walked back to his dressing room.

Nora paused for a moment to watch Jeff turn the corner, then she turned around and followed Trish into the room.