𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍| Let her go.

im back from the dead!!😭

THE RIDE BACK to dragonstone was silent and uncomfortable, Jace and Luke rarely spoke unless you asked them to. Daemon wasn't there anyway, the man had decided to stay back at the Red Keep. Huh, who knew he'd like to stay in the palace even after all the years of avoidance in staying in the very place? Yet again, everyone changes through the years.

Jace stared at his silent mother, "Must you pick a fight with Alicent all the time?" Jace asks out of the blue, and Rhaenyra glares at him, "Don't involve yourself in our business, Jace." Rhaenyra says sternly, her glare silencing the boy momentarily. Luke rolls his eyes subtly, choosing to interest himself in the book Rhaenaera gifted him.

"Your business? My Dear Mother, I have just learned you had actually fucked the Queen." Jace said in disbelief, how Rhaenyra wished to scold him for such vulgar words and inappropriate sentences. But she decided to be the "better person" and remained silent. Luke sighed deeply, grumbling some incoherent words under his breath.

"Can't we have a peaceful day together for once?" Luke asks, raising an eyebrow. Rhaenyra forces a smile upon her face and nods, proceeding to speak of her old experiences when she was a child.

»»————> ✶ <————««

  ALICENT SIGHED at Aegon who had his head laid on the round marble table, grumbling about how he couldn't get through a day without being drunk. Upon noticing her distress, Helaena sighs, "Mother, do not dwell on the argument." Helaena says softly, providing Alicent a small smile. Rhaenaera, who was previously teaching Aemond to draw a horse, nods in agreement.

"Instead, dwell on how horrible Aemond is at drawing. His horse seems like a donkey." Rhaenaera points out, making Aemond frown and Aegon snicker, Helaena sighs at her sibling's antics.

Alicent sighs at her four children. "Aegon, Aemond. Be honest with me and tell me with confidence, you didn't break into my room and take the large brown box, right?" Alicent asks sternly, a shadow looking over her face as she stares down at her two sons. Rhaenaera and Helaena share a look before quickly exiting the room, "Good luck!" Helaena whispers as Rhaenaera blows a sly kiss to Aemond, making the man smile slightly.

"We were..curious." Aemond remarks, and Aegon nods immediately, "Indeed. It was large. And obvious. And open." Aegon says with an awkward smile, pursing his lips.

"So you saw everything?" Alicent asks, sighing as she massaged her temples, Aegon and Aemond nod slowly, the woman sighs before smiling. "Every letter ended with the same phrase. With Love, Alicent. Even the recent ones."

Aegon comments slowly, and Alicent simply shrugs, "I cannot let go of her." she remarks, smiling as she reminisced her an Rhaenyra sneaking out to see one another.

"Do you miss her?"

"Always."

"Do you still love her?"

Silence.

Alicent does not know how to respond, instead she stands up, approaching the door silently, and surprisingly, Aegon speaks up, "Let her go."

AUTHORS NOTE:
Hello! It's summer in my school and country now, and no, I did not intend to discontinue, but my hiatus is officially over! We are back on business!