Chapter 20

Chapter 20

There has been a huge storm cast around the village. Droplets of rain made soft melodies. Clouds that are pitch black filled the clear sky. A mighty wind roared throughout every corner of the village. When I think about it, the storm wasn't such a bad thing. Others would say, "What a dreadful storm. It should just go away," but I was having a great time of my life.

Naruto has been coming over to the household, lately. Since there's been so much rain these past days, we decided to spend our time at my house. Father has slightly stopped glaring at Naruto and has finally begun taking a liking towards him. I was rather thrilled to see them getting along so well. Naruto has basically become part of the family and everyone in the household treats him with the upmost respect. Hanabi, on the other hand, loves to make pranks on him and enjoys making his life miserable.

"Onee-san, you should hurry and come here. Something interesting is about to happen," said Hanabi as she waved for me to come over. She was hiding behind the door, giving off a mischievous smile.

"What are you planning, Hanabi.?" I asked her curiously. She held a thin, clear thread tied to the other side of the room, near the doorway. Oh no. "Please don't tell me..."

"Shh.. He's coming," before I can even stop her. She pulled the thread with no hesitation, which caused Naruto to trip over and fall flat on his face. There was a brief moment of silence, until Hanabi started to laugh out loud.

"Hanabi, what were you thinking.? Naruto could have been seriously hurt." I questioned her.

She smirked and said, "This will show him that if he makes you cry. I'll cause chaos."

That's one way of showing her affection for me, but is it really something to smile about. Even though, she's being protective of me in her own way. She's just being childish, but how can I be mad at her.? She just too adorable for her own good.

"Hanabi.!!" Naruto yelled, his voice filled with irritation. He got up to his feet with his nose red from the fall. He glared down on Hanabi and took menacing steps towards her. He then looked at me and smiled viciously. Within seconds, he had both of us over his shoulders.

At first, I didn't realize what he was thinking, but as my gears started running and I knew what he was planning on doing. He opened the door and took us outside with the pouring rain.

"Naruto, you idiot. Put me down. It's freezing cold," Hanabi yelled as she shivered. I had to agree with her, it's terribly cold. It felt as if needles were striking my body.

He put both of us down with a victorious smile spread across his face. While on the other hand, Hanabi and I were utterly displeased about it. We hurriedly ran back inside, completely drench from head to toe.

"Naruto, you are so dead. I'll get my revenge," Hanabi glared as hard as she can as if she's able to make a hole through his back.

"Hanabi, go take a bath. I'll go right after you," I told her. She nodded and went on her way, while I went to get some towels to dry off. Naruto followed close behind me.

"Naruto, I'm so sorry about Hanabi. She's become a bit more protective since we started dating," I told him while I reached out to grab some towels.

"It's fine. I'm really enjoying our prank showdown," he said as he grabbed the towel out of my hand and gave me a kiss on my forehead, "Now go take a bath. It's gonna be bad if you get sick."

I gave him a slight pout and said, "Who's fault is it that I'm all drenched to begin with."

He laughed softly, giving me a kiss on the cheek, "I guess that's me. Now hurry up. I want to take a bath too, ya know."

I nodded and walked off. I wonder how long this prank showdown will last, because I don't think it's so bad after all. I said to myself as I smiled like a fool.

~ Vote & Comment ~

I hope you like this chapter. I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes that I've made. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll try my best to make the chapter longer in the next one.