༺ 3 ༻

A few weeks of Malfoy trying to catch me out in the hallways or the library had passed with me successfully fooling the guy into thinking he was going insane. I felt both bad and satisfied to see the blonde's confused face right after he saw an empty restricted section of the library. After all, he was human too. If someone played mind games like this with me I'd be sure to go insane within a day or two.

Malfoy, however, was persistent. I honestly don't know what's with that ferret trying to dig a grave for everyone studying in this school. There wouldn't be a day when he wouldn't show up to the library in hopes to find me and proudly sell me out to Umbridge, who, by the way, was another major pain in the arse I had to deal with on a daily. I was having none of that pink dimwittedness she actually called a class where we'd supposedly learn shit.

Now, where was I? Ah, yes, Malfoy.

A part of me was telling me to stomp on his ego even harder by showing up to the common room ten minutes after he had walked out of the library in hopes of catching me. Did I do it? Of course. How else would I provide myself the only source of entertainment that brought at least some color into the boring life of a Hogwarts student?

The Weasleys are right, I suppose. Academic achievement and studying day and night aren't the things for the ones who crave excitement.

As of now, as per usual, I was in the restricted section of the library doing research on good potions that'd help the Weasley's business run. It wasn't as late as I'd usually stay up to though. It wasn't even past the curfew, so I was good to be out in the open without hiding. Even more exciting; I'd get to finish early today and sleep for the full eight hours.

"Potions to make you fall ill momentarily?" I mumbled to myself quietly taking a bite out of a red apple, "Interesting. This might be it."

I read a bit more into the potion and felt a smirk forming on my lips.

Oh, the twins are definitely going to love this.

Suddenly, I heard the door creak and slow footsteps approach my direction. Usually, at this time, Madam Pince would visit me to see if I was alive or not after digging myself deep into the knowledge the books this restriction provided, so I hung my head low and buried it in the book in front of me.

"I know, Madam Pince," I sighed closing the book and putting it back on its respective shelf, "I'll be gone in five minutes, I don't intend on staying up for the night anyway."

"Oh, so you do stay up for the night here, don't you?" I heard a voice not belonging to a middle-aged woman say a few meters away from me.

Unfortunately, I had now just realized actually how much in deep shit I was.

"Not surprised though," I looked up to see Malfoy with a victorious smirk plastered on his face, "The difficult part of this play is you disappearing into thin air whenever I am seconds close to catching you."

"What do you need, Malfoy?" I hissed with an annoying face turning around in my chair to face him, "If you are here to take me to that pink git, then suit yourself, take me."

I saw Malfoy's face turn grim as he heard my statement. He came up close to me placing his pale hand on the table attached to the shelves. Now, that I had a better look to study his face, he wasn't too bad to look at. You could even call him charming in a way.

"I'm not here to take you to Umbridge, you see," Malfoy rasped his voice, "At first, I admit, I was really into busting someone past curfew sneaking around the castle however, to your great fortune, you intrigue me."

My frown turned into a very confused facial expression momentarily. 'Intrigue'? Boy, which part of this is 'intriguing' to you? 

"Despite being on top of all your classes, you aren't very bright, are you?" Malfoy leaned closer in hopes to get a reaction out of me. I could almost feel his warmth.

However, after not receiving any response except for confused facial expressions, he sighed and leaned back pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Maybe, if you elaborate faster on what you mean by saying all of this, we might get back to the common rooms before curfew," I stated annoyed standing up to collect my bag.

A minute of uncomfortable silence filled the room with me throwing glare daggers at the blonde who was trying to find the words to express whatever was going on in his stupid little brain.

"How do you do it?" Malfoy finally spoke up hearing me sigh and move toward the exit, "Disappear, I mean."

"What's it to me if I tell you?" I rolled my eyes, "Not like you are willing to keep a secret. You are the infamous Draco Malfoy, aren't you?"

"Tsk, it's not that," Draco frowned at me folding his arms in front of his chest defensively in response.

"Then what is it?" I smirked clinging to the strap of my bag.

"I simply need to know how you do that," Malfoy was starting to get annoyed with my secrecy, "It's quite annoying."

"Would you leave me alone if I told you?" I said putting my arm on my hip.

"For Merlin's sake, yes, just tell me already," Malfoy was growing impatient.

Talk about being an angry blonde ferret. Must be a struggle.

"Unfortunately for you," I smirked to myself, "I don't want you leaving me alone. It's quite an entertaining act you put up."

His face went red out of embarrassment. He really is an angry ferret, isn't he?

"Fine then, have it your way, L/N," he smirked devilishly in response trying to hide his embarrassment away.

I like angry ferrets, though.

✧༺♡༻✧