Chapter Uno

"¿Estás preparada IIsabella" My loud Hispanic mom shouted from the bottom of the stairs

Hispanic mom shouted from the bottom of the stairs. God, I'm going to miss her voice booming the through the thin walls of my room.

"No, no soy." I alerted to her

Here I am moving away from Puerto Rico to forward my studies of becoming a writer. I wrote an article on the beauties of the Caribbean island and unincorporated U.S. territory with a landscape of mountains, waterfalls, and the El Yunque tropical rainforest known as Puerto Rico, the excellence of my choice words and all the given classification of this land I was awarded a scholarship from the University of Harvard.

To say I was surprised was an understatement, never would've I thought writing that article for my hometown San Juan to see and read about the little facts that make us Puerto Rico would have been selected as one of the top articles to ever be distributed in Puerto Rico.

I'm not a born Puerto Rican, my mom was born here. She moved away when she was about 21 years to follow her dreams of tourism but does the enemy have tricks up his sleeve, she meet my dad Paul Roger on her trip to Guyana and there I was created.

She carried me for 9 months, and on the 9th of May, I was extracted from my comfort zone. The thing that bothers me to a day like today I never wanted to be here but these people called doctors, nurses, and surgeons were persistent with my arrival that they had a section - C for me and special entry into this cruel and crucial world.

Yes, your assumption is right I'm Guyanese with a mix of Hispanics. I'm known as the special kid in my family since I'm the only one mixed with black and speak three different linguistics of life Spanish, English, and creole.

I finish packing, and I looked around to give my last but not least goodbye to this place known for being my place of comfort. It holds so many memories... goodbye to your room and home of comfort you'll miss.

I sat in the back of the vehicle, my mom in front and my father staring the life out of the car. So I may or may not spend quite some time dismissing my existence in that room and house, but I had to absquatulate my leaving that I didn't get the chance of saying my goodbyes to my relatives.

We arrived at the airport in no time, thanks to my papa. We had our little ceremony where we exchanged how deeply and sincere feelings and said our goodbyes.

Even though I'm traveling alone I wasn't I'm any frame of mind of being timid, perks of having a mom as a tourist.

Getting through customs was easy. Here I am sitting in the window seat feeling looming and heartbroken that I'm leaving.

I was so lost in the trance of thought that I didn't realize someone sat next to me. I felt stares and turned to see two ethereal women sitting beside me.

 I felt stares and turned to see two ethereal women sitting beside me

Hey guys, I've been caching this in my draft for too long. Don't forget to like, comment and vote.