𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝑵𝑬𝑼𝑹𝑶𝑻𝑰𝑪

𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘌𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕 

"You know, you got some real lady balls." 

Delaney twisted slightly to look up at Abraham, of whom had come to disturb her peace, as usual. Following that rather intense talk with Carl, Delaney had wanted just a little bit of fresh air before she went to bed, doing so whilst everyone else got themselves comfortable in their various nooks. 

Abraham was stood beside her, leaning his back against the wall staring down the street for any sign of the dead - as the last thing they wanted to do was attract a herd. He had been mostly silent, keeping an eye, but also keeping an eye on her as she sat on the floor. With her legs folded beneath her, Delaney was focusing on flicking Daryl's lighter on and off, wondering whether smoking one of his precious cigarettes would be worth the torment when he found out she'd stolen them both. 

"Yeah? How'd ya figure that?" She watched as Abraham's blue eyes darted down to see her staring, and with a slight twitch of his lips, of which moved his stupid mustache upward, he shrugged a shoulder. 

"You've been through a vast ocean of shit - more than most of us, and you still got the balls to be standin'." She huffed a laugh at his explanation, shaking her head slightly from side to side in utter amusement. Though something determined to be warm blossomed at the words, finding it almost surprising that he was saying so. "It's an admirable quality." 

"I'm sure you weren't lackin' for any strong female characters bein' in the military n' all." Delaney answered, picking at the dirt still clinging to her boots, flicking the piece off into the road as she finally lent back against the wall. Abraham whistled a quiet noise, and this time she didn't bother looking up at him. She dropped her hand that had been holding the lighter to her thigh and continued to peel the drying pieces of grit off of her boot. 

"They aint got nothin' on you." 

Delaney huffed a chuckle, "Keep talkin' like tha' and I might think you're flirtin' with me, Mustache." She lifted her eyes to see Abraham's blue eyes glinting in the light that was seeping through the windows of the garage, and she laughed. Abraham laughed too, a low and deep chuckle that came right from his chest. Whatever this was, between her and Abraham, it didn't extend further than a friendship - for her at least. In all honesty, it didn't seem like Abraham felt that way either, and she was glad. He'd given her comic relief several times now, and when she'd needed it. Not to mention the steadfast way he'd looked out for her on the road. 

The door creaked slightly as Abraham muttered, "Aint seen no flirtin' yet, Hunny." 

Delaney snorted at the drawled out comment, entirely joking, and turned to see Rick standing at the door, looking between them both. "What's up?" Interjecting the suddenly rather confused wince on his features, Delaney flicked the lighter in her hand a few times more, waiting for his response. 

"Y'all should come inside...get some rest." He looked between her and Abraham, who side glanced Delaney as if he was thinking he'd only go inside if she did.