save the day

I took shotgun as wolf opted for the backseat. On the way there Diane and I started chatting about Normal things, despite how strange the situation is.

After a while I noticed wolf's silence in the back seat.

"You ok, Buddy?" I turned and asked.

He cleared his throat and sighed. "As ok as you can be after the only friends you've ever had abandon you." He leaned forward to pit his hand on my shoulder from behind. "But at least I still have you. You and Diane."

I reached to place my hand on his. "Yeah. Don't worry. They've gotta come around some time." I tried to console him.

"Maybe." He leaned back again. "Maybe."

_____

We pulled up outside of Diane's home.

"Alright, let's get inside people." Diane called while taking her keys out of the ignition. "You guys look like you just busted out of a prison."

"Oh hardy-har-har" I playfully rolled my eyes as I stepped out of the car.

"Waht can I say? I'm the best bad guy, governor, and comedian." She shrugged and followed me along with wolf.

Before we all stepped away from the car a guinea pig with glowing blue eyes plopped onto the windshield. "Guinea pigs!?" Diane jumped back.

We all gasped and said, "Marmalade." In unison.

"We need to hurry." Diane said leading us up to her house.

We stepped in to a very plain and organized house. Not exactly what you'd expect the best Criminal the whole world to live in.

Diane wasted no time to go to her microwave and press buttons.

Wolf looked around and whistled, "so this is the hide out of the great crimson paw?" He turned to her still fiddlingwith the microwave. "Snack break? Okay, oddly timed, but you do you- AHH-" He exclaimed as the fridge slid to the side to open a secret door.

"Woah! What!?" I laughed in surprise.

She grabbed me and Wolf by our shirts and pulled us into her box.

It was an elevator that led us down to a dark room. Once we stepped in lights illuminated the darkness and the wall opened up showing clothes, gadgets, weapons, and other stuff.

"HOLY GUACAMOLE LOOK AT ALL THIS!" I yelled and ran into the room spinning in circles.

"Ohhh! Wow! Are you kidding me!?" Wolf displayed his excitement as well. He ran to a wall and took a gadget off of it. " laser sighted zipline? The XM 2400 Raider Jammer? No way!"

" I actually prefer the earlier model." Diane said casually.

"Agree to disagree." He ran to the other wall and picked up a lipstick. "This stuff is nice too." He started before playing with it and made fire shoot out.

"Yeah that's a blowtorch. Also, not really your color." She grinned.

I snickered at it and Diane regained our attention.