Chapter 4: Hunting

Morgan Sinclair

Scarlett already made her way to the den in Soho we all agreed to meet at, texting me her contact for cleanup before she left. After putting on a more hunting appropriate outfit- which is pretty much anything but a dress. I walked to the back entrance of Victorias palace to where Jesse, and Victoria and Pierce stood. Pierce managed to convince her to go out. As for convincing her to hunt with all of us? Absolutely not.

"Thank God." Victoria whines.

I flip her off as I walk down the stairs and my eyes go directly to Jesse. "Let's go." I walk off in a hurry wanting to get far outside of Victoria's city as quickly as possible.

We finally pass through the barrier around her city. And my irritation grows with every step knowing Jesse walks in back of me. His footsteps even sound annoying to me. When we get into NYC- it'll be easier there. I can tell cleanup a specific block... it'll be easier.

He quickens his steps, now walking side by side. "I think that Olivia bitch is into me so I won't be going home with you." He laughs smugly. "Sorry to disappoint."

"Oh no," I react dramatically. "You mean I won't get 30 whole seconds of mediocrity tonight?"

"Fuck you." He snaps.

My face drops. I stop in my tracks, planting my hand on Jesses chest to stop him too. "You guys go ahead I have to have a little conversation with Jesse." I say at Victoria and Pierce.

"No I think we'll stay." Victoria sighs, planting her feet and crossing her arms.

"Are you sure?" Pierce says low.

"Mhmm." Victoria answers.

I shrug. "Fine." I turn my head to Jesse's scowling face. "What is your purpose?"

He looks confused. "Excuse me?"

"Exactly. I can't seem to remember either."

"My coven does a lot for you. Not to mention the glamours." His eyes flick down at my arms.

As if I didn't already want to kill him. Lets see if he can save the rest of his coven. "You keep fighting with these other covens. Your coven is responsible for the majority of the bloodshed in my territory yet me and my people are being blamed for it. Dragged into it."

"It's not just your territory."

"It's not just yours either. But since vampires are the easy scapegoat I have to work overtime because of your fuck ups."

"How do you know it isn't your people?"

"My people are in check." I snap. "My people aren't fucking idiots fighting with several covens who are infinitely more powerful than them- pissing off demonic witches Jesse? Are you suffering from brain damage or have you always been this dumb?" He rolls his eyes at me. "You're becoming more of a problem than you're worth."

"You won't touch me, you need me. My people practically run your dens, your clubs-,"

"You fail to understand just how replaceable your coven is." I say before stepping away from him. Just need to get to Manhattan it'll be easier to get people to get rid of a body there.

I hear him scoff. "Yeah just keep running your mouth- all bark, no bite huh?" He says forcing me to halt. Suddenly whether or not it's easier to get to a body in a nondescript location in the woods or a specific block in Manhattan is of no concern to me.

I turn on my heels. "Other way around." In my peripheral Victoria rubs the bridge of her nose while Pierce chuckles and shakes his head.

I punch through Jesse's chest, his eyes widen while my hand grips his heart. "I'll be sending the rest of your coven to meet you shortly." He gags on his own blood and can't work through his own pure shock enough to think of a spell or do anything to defend himself. I tear his heart from his chest. His lifeless body falls to the foliage covered ground as I let go of his heart. Kneeling down next to him, I wipe my bloodied hand on his shirt then once it's clean enough I stand and continue walking.