Chapter 1

The day was slow, Cookies young and old blissfully sleeping as the sun rises slowly. One cookie tho, was already up and about around those times..

Madeleine Cookie 

The paladin was known for his heroic adventures. He swore under oath to protect earthbread under the guidance of the divines.

Currently tho, he was finishing up early morning rounds. Ready to headback to his lovely abode.

Slowly as he walked, greeting the other morning cookies going on with their routines, he finally reached his home.

Careful as to taking off his armour, he displayed it on the display he had prepared, he admired.. Admired, on how he was someone that can help and protect the kingdom. Admired.. How many people love him for doing the things he do..

He was happy.

Slowly as all his accessories were neatly placed, he began heading up the stairs. Frames of his deeds were displayed, showing off all the times where he had been a hero.

Reaching up the stairs was an easy task, definitely easier than trying to slowly open his bedroom door.

The room wasn't that extravagant, it was decorated moderately with a few trinkets, most being gifts or leftovers from his adventures as a paladin.

But his most prized gift was laying on his bed here today..

He slowly approached, trying to not make too much noise, which failed due to his bigger physique.

Once he was besides his bed, the paladin was greeted by a glorious sight

His boyfriend, Espresso Cookie. Sleeping peacefully..

Now if you don't know, that cookie was known for never wanting to sleep, saying it's a waste of perfectly good time.

So this sight was almost once in a few, only ever happening in the rarest of occasions. And surely enough that didn't stop Madeleine's heart from warming up with care.

He slowly pecked a kiss on the mage's cheek, the kiss feather soft as to not startle the other cookie.

Espresso shifted slightly, being a light sleeper was tough. "Morning there love.." Madeleine greeted with a toothy smile, cheeks dusted with a light blush.

"Mhmm... Hi" Espresso rubbed his eyes, letting then get used to the room. Suddenly the mage lies back down. "Sleep with me." He demanded, gripping one of Madeleine's hands softly.

Madeleine giggled, he loved whenever these moments happen, the moments where his boyfriend let's his guard down.. The moment when their together. "But dear.. I have to cook breakfast.." He playfully tugged his arm away.

Suddenly Espresso pulled Madeleine down completely, shit.. He forgot sometimes that the mage was pretty strong. "I don't care, sleep with me." Espresso nuzzled into the paladin's locks, letting the smell of fresh pastries guide him back to sleep.

Well then, Madeleine had decided his faith all together. A smile creeping up by how much he actually enjoys this.

He thinks to himself, whatever did he do to deserve.. This. A loving boyfriend that, even though doesn't show much affection, surely enough loves him to the moon and back. A life.. Where he's seen as a hero, a savior, a friend to many..

He slowly embraced the tiredness, drifting off to sleep knowing that later.. He'll wake up to the best person in the world besides him.

Word count; 539

End notes. . .

Hey y'all, woooo first chapter!! I actually have written this before but it got deleted with my account so revamping it and making it new >:)

I'll try and update it every week but I don't have any promises ^^;

Hope you enjoyed regardless