Luke... Wait! He Goes By Kronos Now?

Y/n's Pov:

The end of the world started with Pegasi.

Grayson finally got the guts to ask Noah out during the summer, and they began dating. That particular afternoon, Grayson and I had the urge to go on a picnic. His parents, who had taken me in for the summer, took us to Central Park, and we prepared a lovely afternoon in the calming shadow of a tree.

"Aah! Mosquito!" Grayson cried.

Calming my ass.

"Grayson," I told him calmly. "It's just a mosquito. We're in summer. What do you expect?"

Grayson laid down on the mattress. "Oh, why must I be so delicious?"

"Ew, Gray."

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes. The afternoon was lovelier than ever. The soft, cool breeze made the hot summer day much better. The birds chirped, the bees buzzed, the Grayson ate, and the Pegasi whined.

Wait, Pegasi?!

"Whoa!" I screamed. "What the—"

Then I saw who was riding on his back, and I knew my day was about to get a lot more complicated. 

" 'Sup, guys."

Charles Beckendorf, senior counsellor for the Hephaestus cabin, would make most monsters cry for their mummies. He was huge, with ripped muscles from working on the forges every summer, two years older than me, and one of the camp's best armour smiths. He made some seriously ingenious mechanical stuff. A month before, he'd rigged a Greek firebomb in the bathroom of a tour bus that was carrying a bunch of monsters across the country. The explosion took out a whole legion of Kronos's evil meanies as soon as the first harpy went flush.

Beckendorf was dressed for combat. He wore a bronze breastplate and war helm with black camo pants and a sword strapped to his side. His explosives bag was slung over his shoulder. 

"Time?" Grayson asked.

He nodded grimly. A clump formed in my throat. I'd known this was coming. We'd been planning for it for weeks, but I'd half hoped it would never happen.

"Where's Percy?" I asked.

"We're gonna go pick him up now," Beckendorf told me.

"Eager much?" Grayson coughed as he got on Volley's back.

"Oh, shut up!" I instructed before getting on Blackjack.

And, so we rode in the Pegasi, I rode on Blackjack's back and Beckendorf and Grayson on Volley's.

~

"Are we there yet?" Grayson whined.

"Will you quit whining?!" I groaned.

"We're here!" Beckendorf announced.

"Oh, thank the Gods."

Beckendorf signalled for the Pegasi to go down. The Pegasi obeyed, and with a WUMP-WUMP CRUNCH! we landed on the hood of Percy's Prius. Blackjack neighed at Percy.

"Blackjack," Percy sighed. "What are you—"

Then he looked at us.

"Hey, Percy," I greeted. "Sorry about your car."

"Yeah," he said. "Paul won't be that happy."

Oh, shit, that was Paul's car!

"Anyway," Grayson spoke. "You need t come with us."

"Is it time?" Percy asked.

I nodded. "Yup."