Chapter 12 - Good Intentions?

—-Y/n's P

—-Y/n's P.O.V—-

"So...the princess, and your brother are in love? Why didn't you tell us?? And why did it seem like she was under a"- before I could finish, I narrowed my eyes and glared at Edmond's own regretful ones. Maisie also following in my lead.

"Y/n before you assume anything please let me explain myself..." Edmond worried as the crowd of people started exiting the ballroom. I suddenly felt a firm grasp on my shoulder, only to see it had come from the man who was originally supposed to drink the substance.

"Sorry you had to see that. Can't say I'm not quite confused myself." Jacob exclaimed leading the three of us out of the ballroom and into an infinite hallway with high ceilings and paintings filled with voices. Snapping out of my short day dream, I quickly grabbed the collar of Edmond's suit towards me.

"Why did you do it? You never meant to get our crew involved with this did you...and that 'remedy' you made for Jacob, wasn't for him was it..." I said lowly. With worry Jacob had glanced at Maisie who was embracing him tightly with the fear of loosing him again.

With a final deep sigh, Edmond slightly lowered his head and snapped his fingers. The second the snap flew threw the air, Jacob's eyes seemed less overcast in a way. He then brought his hand to his neck to rub the sudden sore feeling.

"Y/n? Maisie? Why are you guys dressed so nicely? We's best be on our way to finish our voyage, right?" Before the man could finish, Maisie had backed away for a moment, but then quickly tackled the poor man to the floor, embracing him with running tears.

My shoulders eased to see Jacob back to his normal self, but it didn't stop the suspicion building up from Edmond's unknown intentions.

"Okay, so when are you going to explain yourself..?" I said in a stern voice.

"Alright, alright..well you see, this goes back a couple weeks before your crew arrived here." Edmond said with a tired voice.

—-Flashback (Edmond's P.O.V.)——
The lightening from the angered sky of swirling clouds seemed to illuminate my anxious feeling. I was waiting near the harbor today, for my beloved younger brother Liam (which is actually only younger by a year), to return back home from his long vast journey. Through the fog and mist blanket that laid atop the ocean, I could see a faint figure emerging from the cold. It had to be it!

—-Timeskip—-

"Dear brother! How was the voyage?" I exclaimed embracing Liam with a warm hug.

"Oh it was just fascinating ! I have so much to tell," before Liam could finish his sentence, he had suddenly fell to his knees and coughed a violent red into his handkerchief.

"Liam..what happened? Are you alright?" Before I could receive a response from my poor brother, he had became unconscious as he laid in my cold arms.

—-Timeskip—-

"Well doctor? Is he alright?" I exclaimed with a worried tone.

"Yes fortunately. He does have quite a few internal injuries, but it's nothing that we can't handle." The doctor had explained with a calming voice.

"But there is one thing that you must know..you see, your brother has lost a lot of blood, and when we were looking for donors, no one matched.." the doctor said with disappointment.

"Just use mine!" I had offered.

"We could, but that would only be half of what he needs, and we can't just take all the blood out of you, cause you'll just die there on the spot!" The doctor furrowed his brow.

"Well, let me just talk to him and see what he wants to do." I reassured the doctor as he let me walk through the door behind him.

My heart dropped at the sight of my poor brother laying ever so silently.

"Liam, it's me Edmond." I whispered grasping his hand as I sat on a stool beside the bed.

"Edmond.." he said in a scratchy voice.

"Look, I talked with the doctor and it looks like you need quite some blood lad. I could give you some of mine, but it just wouldn't be enough according to the doc..." I explained with deep grief in my voice.

Liam had sighed and moved his watery eyes to my own.

"It's okay brother. You always worry about me but trust me when I say it. I'll be fine!" He faintly smiled.

Before I could respond, the door had suddenly creaked open. A hooded figure quickly approached us. I then quickly stood up and blocked it's path.

"Who are you? What do you want..?" I yelled with concern.

The hooded figure then revealed itself. A woman? She seemed to be the same age as my brother.

"I apologize sir for the sudden intrusion, but would a man by the name Liam be here?" She asked with a worried tone.

"Blair..? Is that you love?" Liam exclaimed in his raspy voice.

Who I assumed the name of the woman was Blair, she had gasped with sorrow.

"Oh Liam!" She cried hurrying to the other side of his bed. She held his face in her hands and kissed him softly.

"What happened to you? You look all beat up!" She whispered wiping away her tears.

"Just a lot of sea beast and storms that's all" Liam laughed.

Blair had then took a deep breath and continued on her conversation.

"Look Liam, I heard about you needing one more blood donor right?" She asked.

Liam nodded his head.

"Well, please, take my blood." She exclaimed holding his hand.

"But your father! What will he say?" Liam worried.

"I'm not sure, but for love, I'll do anything!" She exclaimed pulling him into another gentle kiss.

With that, she suddenly left through the door.

"Liam, who was that?" I asked in a playful tone.

"She's just a good friend..." he scoffed.

"Yeah right, like I believe that.." I laughed.

Yet little did I know, this would be the last time poor Liam would see his beloved Blair...

(To be continued..)