Who am I?

-Collei's PoV-

I've learnt how to write poems now. I decided to write about the Liyue sakuras. They're actually very beautiful, as I now have time to wholly take in everything here in this new, strange place.

Back in Sumeru, I had been browsing through the shelves at the library. I came upon this fantasy book called China: Another World. Supposedly, there was this planet called "Earth," and China was a country there, but I feel like calling them regions. So basically, China is a lovely place with lots of lovely tea shops and oriental furniture and cat ornaments with rocking paws. Liyue really is very similar to China.

It's always so peaceful, here in Liyue. Everyone is so nice and polite and I really feel at home here. I love this place. The wind feels so soft and the air is so fresh and everything is so pink and red and orange. I already can feel its contrast with Sumeru. Why is this place so great...? I don't really know.

"Hey Collei! Somebody's here to meet ya! He says he's from Sumeru and that he's looking for you so... I guess you can go home now!"

I whipped right around and stared at Xiangling with popping eyes. He's actually here!, I thought. I can't believe it! This place... Liyue is my home! I must stay here!

But I guess I have no choice. I can't leave someone waiting, can I? So it was only a matter of time until Xiangling would eventually make me go down...

"Where is he?"

"I told you," Xiangling huffed. "He's waiting downstairs! Wait, now that I think about it I--"

I didn't wait to hear the rest of it. I hurried down the staircase and spotted some guy with weird greeny blacky tealy hair and ears and stuff and boots and some crest on his shoulder. He seemed so familiar, but I'm sure I don't know him... right?

Wait... have I forgotten what my master has looks like...?

Do I only remember names now...?

Do I really know who he is?

Who's Amber? Who's Cyno? Who's Candace?

Who's Tighnari?

Who am I?

-Tighnari's PoV-

"Collei. Let's go."

I stretched out my arm and held out my hand. But Collei just stared at it. Like she had forgotten who I was. As if!

"Come on Collei! I still have my duties you know!"

Collei looked up at me with a blank expression. "I'm sorry," she said. "I can't leave with you. I can't go anywhere with you. I can only avoid you. You must go now. I am not some freakishly weeny girl who can't think for herself. You cannot just come up to some random prey and so nonchalantly beckon them towards your jaws of steel. Now go. GO."

I flinched. How can she be so evil now? Is she... possessed? Undead? Brainwashed? But no! She couldn't be! She should be happy to see me... shouldn't she?

My mind stumbles as I try to find the right words. But I can't sort out the mix-up inside my head. So I say something simple, something that will relieve me of my pain for a little while. "I'll go now. See?"

I step outside the restaurant and set off towards a nearby inn. There's no way I would just walk away after hearing Collei speak like that. I needed to set her straight.

<Timeskip>

Hot tears ran down my face as I buried my face into the duvet. My mind swirled with all kinds of thoughts and feelings as I cry helplessly into the bed. What was going on with Collei? Why wouldn't she just come with me like normal? Why...

Nothing made sense, nothing. Nahida, please guide Collei down the right path...

------
Yay! I have risen from the dead!
- Flametail-chan