0.0

Could you say that Cordélia de Martin de Viviés Ascott MacLeod's life had been happy? Not really. Yet had she been luckier than a lot of people? Yes.

Her life had taken an unexpected turn when men broke into her mother's place in London on Mars 25 2013 et killed her. She would always remember that day, she was celebrating the Greek Independence Day in the Hellenic Parliament, her mother had gone back to London for some family emergency. A few hours later, they would learn the news, and nothing would ever be the same.

Having a diplomat dad wasn't an easy thing but inheriting her grandmother's title at the age of ten, was not any easier. That day, she became the next Duchess of Ascott, heir of the MacLeod clan. And believe me, heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Two years later, her father and herself had moved to Madrid, where he became the new French Ambassador in Spain. A new life, a new beginning but would a new life make the previous one better? The wonderful villa that he bought would never be as good as any place she lived in before, nothing would never be as good as the time where Charlotte Ascott MacLeod was alive.

That's how, at the age of twelve, Cordélia ended up in the jungle of Las Encinas. That private establishment, this international school where the Golden Youth of Madrid studied, tomorrow's Elite. Starting in a new school in the middle of the year was never easy, it was even harder when you had never stepped a foot in any school before. Everyone seemed to know who she was in Las Encinas when she didn't know anyone. That was until she met Carla Rosón Caleruega, the marquesita. Carla had been her first friend, and with her came a bunch of other new friends, all more amazing than the other. Life in Spain might not be as bad as she had first thought, and she somewhat was right.

Even if Cordélia denied it, she was part of the Golden Youth. She was born into a good family, a noble one, she had money, lots, and lots of money. She was part of the Elite, but there was a price to pay to be a part of the Golden Youth, in this group, you could never really be yourself, because you could never trust anyone.

TW this story contains mature content, mentions of rape, suicidal thoughts, death, murders, violence and other traumatic events