Prologue

Damian was the second son of the Desmond family. Though he was known to be a bit reserved and introverted, he could not help but take notice of Anya. Though she was not of noble birth, her intelligence and beauty were undeniable. Damian, being of a shy disposition, had held a fondness for her for some time, yet had never mustered the courage to confess it.

Anya, being of a more outgoing and amiable nature, was aware of Damian's affections, yet also found herself too timid to reveal her own. She did not wish to jeopardize their friendship should her feelings not be reciprocated. Anya had a secret that she kept from everyone, she was adopted and also had a special ability, she was a mind reader.

As they both attended classes together and spent more time together, they began to open up to each other more and more. They confided in each other about their fears and dreams, and soon their friendship deepened into something more. But Damian, being arrogant and dismissive of those he deemed beneath him, often teased Anya about her commoner background and her lack of academic skills.He was always accompanied by his two flunkees , Ewen and Emile , who also joined in on the insults towards Anya.

Anya always tried to brush off Damian's insults , but they still stung.

Becky , Anya's best friend, always stood by her side, defending her from Damian's and his friends' cruel words, and consoling her when she was feeling down . Becky was the only one who knew about Anya's true feelings for Damian .

Despite the teasing and Jabs they exchanged , they both couldn't deny the attraction they felt towards each other but they didn't want to admit it to anyone either.

One day , in class , Damian made a snide comment about Anya's academic abilities in front of the whole class. Anya tried to brush it off but the constant teasing and insults from Damian and his friends had taken a toll on her . She wanted to punch him like she did at the first day of school but that would result in a tonitrus bolt. She couldn't hold back her tears anymore and broke down in front of everyone. Becky immediately went to comfort her while the others still had the audacity to laugh but as soon as Damian saw Anya crying , he immediately regretted his actions and felt guilty . He knew that he had hurt Anya and he couldn't stand to see her in pain. He walked over to her to apologise but found it hard to do so because he was brought up in a way that commoners were beneath him and he couldn't swallow his pride to apologize to someone he deemed beneath him. But he hated to see Anya cry so he swallowed his pride and did it.
"I-I'm sorry"