Chapter 27

A voice of a man in agony echoes through the walls of the mansion, a little too dramatic scream but mostly in pain. It was followed by loud thuds and a body falling on the matted ground. It was too early for someone to be screaming in the morning yet here they are, in the wide space surrounded by windows, chairs and a few gym equipments.

"Ack-!"

"Stand up,"

"I think you broke my rib..."

"On your feet, Jay,"

He grunts and breathes heavily, trying to ignore the stinging pain from a punch he received on the side of his stomach. "I swear, I...I think you broke a ri—" he sees a swing coming a ducks as fast as he can.

"That's new, I thought you were just going to keep catching my attacks,"

The young vampire sighs, "Lisa, just go easy, you might kill me," he says while putting a hand to keep the dhampir away from him.

She adjusts her gloves and picks up a stick, "You wanted to train, I'm training you." she plainly said, "Under you," she quickly says, catching him off guard before sweeping his feet with the weapon.

He fell on his butt and kicks his feet, like a child, "It hurts, oh my god," he whimpers.

As the two continues, their small crowd, Somi, Vernon, Kai, Seulgi and Rosé, watches them with excitement, chanting their own "ooh" or "ahh" whenever Jay falls. Well, except for Rosé, who's just quiet the whole time, watching the two in peace, just in case something happened to him.

Vernon leans to Somi, "She's getting him good," he teases with a small chuckle.

She shoves his arm, "Stop, I'm starting to get worried," she mumbles and bites her nail.

Rosé turns to the door and sees Jennie coming, wearing a simple oversized white shirt tucked in a black track pants, her hair tied in a messy bun and wears a clear specs.

She looks...casual.

The succubus sits next to her and crosses her legs, keeping her eyes darted on the two beating each other up. "Is he making progress?" she asks her friend without taking her eyes off them.

Lisa pushes Jay on the ground by holding him by his chest, his head bouncing on the mat.

"Not really," the sanguine answers.

He spots Jennie on the corner of his eyes and had a sudden idea. He taps Lisa's arm, that's still keeping him glued to the ground, "Holy shit, Jennie looks beautiful," he points where she was sitting.

The dhampir furrowed her eyebrows and turned her head to Jennie, who gave her a 'what?' look. She suddenly couldn't focus when she realized she was wearing glasses, that looks perfect on her.

She looks different.

That's when she felt a leg wrapping around her neck and almost immediately, she was laying on the ground. Jay jumps in excitement, celebrating his first successful attack on her in 4 hours of their training.

Lisa chuckles silently, laughing at herself with how easy she got distracted. She sits up and ties her hair to a high ponytail and wipes her sweat with her own shirt.

He reaches a hand, "Let me help you up," he says and waits for Lisa to grab his hand.

She did.

But he was only sent flying across the room, landing on a hard mattress, flat on his back.

Rosé looks at her friend and followed where she was staring at, only to see she was watching Lisa without any expression on her face but she could tell she's looking at something for her to be this focused. She looks like she's about to run, jump on her and make out her in any second.