Chpt 4. Learning about each other

-Rantaro's pov-

It's been about one or two weeks since Shinguji and I started working on the math project, It was fairly easy to be honest. Shinguji offered to go to their house to work on it and to study for the upcoming exams. He's actually pretty awkward until you take some time to know him, most would probably call him creepy though. I think that Shinguji is like a lost pup looking for someone to take care of them and care for him, I like that about their strange personality.

Shinguji usually has some bandages around his hands for some reason, I've seen that even before we formally met. I just thought that they get into a lot of fights to be honest, but I think it might be something else? "Are you alright Rantaro?" "Eh?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over to my right to see Kaede resting her head on the lunch table. "I said are you okay? You seem pretty out of it today." I nodded my head, "Yeah, I'm good," I punched her shoulder softly and smiled, "You good music notes?" she laughed, "Hell yeah I am, Mr. avocado! Your little boyfriend over there probably isn't though."

Kaede gestured over to the table near the exit that Shinguji was sitting at all alone at. "Huh..." "Eh? Whats wrong Mr. Avocado?" I rolled my eyes, "Nothing music notes, I think I'll just sit with a friend who doesn't compare me to an avocado." I said as I got up and walked away from the lunch table that Kaede was still sitting at. "Hey Shinguji-san, how are you?" He looked up almost immediately.

"Um, I am alright. And you, Amami-san?" I shrugged, "I guess I'm alright too!" I looked over at their plate, it's barely been touched. "Is something wrong Amami-san?" "Nope! I hope you don't mind me asking but, uh, do you just not like school food?" Shinguji tensed up a bit, "Um, no it's not that. Food here is.... alright to say the least but," he placed a hand behind his neck. "I guess I'm just not hungry right now. I appreciate you asking though!" I nodded and started to pick at conversation starters in my head.

-Korekiyo's pov- *after school*

Amami walked home with me today, I cleaned the house before hand so that nothing would spike any curiosity in him while he was there. I feel terrible today, I've been hearing and seeing sister a lot more than I was about two weeks ago. It's unnerving in all honesty. Nobody but me sees her and that's worse, but at least my dear sister is alongside me once more. I also feel filthy, I've been feeling filthy for those two weeks but today I feel even more filthy. Could it be because of Amami...?

I glanced over at Amami, he was looking at the stray dogs and cats, and occasionally even some birds that continued to follow me home every day. These animals bug me. 

After some time, we arrived at si- my home and we entered. We took off our shoes and I closed the door, shooing the animals who attempted to enter. Amami looked around curiously, "Woah! You live here, by yourself? I would never be able to afford a place like this!" After hearing 'yourself' be said so quickly, it stung. I was behind on a payment for the house, I was trying to live off of whatever my dear sister had left behind. 

I heard snapping in front of me, "Hello? Anyone in there?" Amami said in a mocking voice, "Ah, my apologies Amami-san. It appears I was, um, 'zoned-out'?" he chuckled, "It's fine Shinguji-san, also, what's this ribbon doing there?" I looked over to where he was looking. I hurriedly picked up the ribbon and shoved it in my pocket, 'forgive me dear sister for harming your beloved bow.' I thought in guilt. "I-it was some left-over ribbon from an old project. Speaking of projects, we should probably begin, well, finish ours? Right?" I said as I frantically opened my backpack before Amami could answer. 

After about an hour of working on the project Amami asked for a cup of water, so I got up and went to the kitchen. I did not remember to buy food earlier so If Amami would like a snack as well, I would have to pray to Atua that he brought his own. I picked up the cleanest cup and filled it up with water.