004 :: RUNAWAY

do I really want to do this? I mean I definitely wanna go to the prom thing with carrie, but it feels wrong if sue thinks I'm doing it as a flavor for her

do I really want to do this? I mean I definitely wanna go to the prom thing with carrie, but it feels wrong if sue thinks I'm doing it as a flavor for her. just thug it out for now ig.

there she was. so pretty, she stood tall. her hair looked a bit messy but i don't care for that. she could look or dress how ever she wanted and i would proudly stand next to her. if she were my girlfriend. but to be honest, I would do it either way.

you tapped her shoulder lightly, scared you would somehow break her if you didn't treat her delicately. as if she were made of glass. she turned her head slightly, just enough for her to know who she was about to talk to.

she flinched when you touched her, you noticed. you were cornered but knew it wasn't your place to ask since it could be a touchy subject. carrie shook a little as you lean against the bookshelf. she looked down, ignoring your eye contact.

books to her chest, holding them like they would fall any second. she was scared.

and you knew.

your smart. not academically but your eq and street smarts is off the roof. you had your normal job as a waiter. and then you had your other job that requires different skills then to just greet someone and bitch up to them.

another thing you noticed was that, she immediately closed her book probably research for something that was meant to be a secret. She also took the pen out of her mouth so fasted that you were surprised it didn't fall.

the last thing was that she fixed her hair. was she trying to look more presentable to you?

you always knew how to read someone like an open book.

carrie has heard of you and all the things you've done since her mother would use you as a example of one of satan's creations. "he's the devil himself"

she knew you were friends with tommy, she was more afraid that sue asked you to do something to her. something terrible.

❝hey carrie..❞

carrie stayed quiet.

carrie held onto her cross necklace. you took the opportunity. ❝I like your necklace, have one like it back home.❞

❝thank you.. I like your bracelets❞ she complimented quietly. if you weren't listening to her with all your attention you might have not heard her. but you were and you did.

she noticed my bracelets? suddenly you felt heat on your face. she noticed something about you. one thing out of the 100 things you noticed. people would call that one-sided.

you didn't know what to call it but you were seen by her. and that meant everything to you.

❝thanks, my little sister makes them for me. i bet she would make one for you if i asked.❞

❝really?..❞ she asked, turning her head completely to look at you. she would look then look away, repeating it everytime eye contact was made,

❝definitely.❞ you said giving her a smile.

you noticed how she became less tense, her shoulder relaxed, her hands didn't grip into the book either.

❝what you reading?❞

❝sewing❞ she hesitated. Ah, it is secret then

❝are you gonna sew your dress for prom?❞ you said building up the conversation so you could pop the question.

❝i-im not going..❞ stutter? she was quieter too. she's embarrassed.

❝same❞ you said hoping to make her feel better.

❝But I changed my mind. I wasn't gonna go cause i was to much of a pussy- I was to scared to ask you, if you um❞

❝if you maybe want to go to the prom with me.❞ god, why did I say "pussy", she probably doesn't go for da shit, I already blew it.

❝Carrie, hold up!❞ you yelled after she ran away, you didn't run after her deciding that it was your fault in the first place and to just give her space. ❝Shit..❞

❝hey, m/n.❞ you turn around to see some random blonde girl, batting her eyes at you. ❝I was wondering if you wanted to go to prom-❞

❝no❞ you interrupted and walked out of the library.

God, im so fuckin dumb- maybe i was to much. was i to forward? Was I being myself too much? nah im fucking amazing. But still I knew she was gonna reject me regardless, mostly cause her mom is bat shit crazy. wait, i shouldn't be talkin bout my mother in law like da.

▔▔▔▔▔▔

❝Carrie?.. Carrie?❞ The gym teacher, Rita Desjardin said while walking down the stairs. Taking a sharp turn, walking towards Carrie, who was sitting on a bench. The older woman sat next to her student. Carrie didn't dare to look up from her lap.

❝Carrie, what's the matter?❞ carrie shook her head. ❝What happened?❞

❝nothing..❞ carrie whispered ❝was it one of the girls?❞ carrie shook her head again

❝Look, do one of the girls do something to you?❞ carrie muttered a no ❝what is it then?.. you can trust me, y'know that? Could you tell me?❞

❝I got invited to the prom.❞ Ms. Desjardin chuckled happily, clapping her hands together leaning down to look at carrie better.

❝thats great! That's fantastic! So what are you down here moping around here?❞

❝m/n l/n asked me.❞ Ms. Desjardin smile grew more. She had you in gym, although she doesn't have many boys in her gym since the male gym teacher had them, she still had a handful of boys in her class.

You skipped most of your classes but gym was one that you would come to at least three times a week since tommy said something about staying active and blah blah, basically forcing you to go unless you wanted your ears to bleed by all his bitchin.

Ms. Desjardin knew about your reputation as the bad boy in school, but she knew deep down that you were a good kid and all the bad things you did were for good reason. She also heard about you sticking up for Carrie in English.

❝that's even better! I heard about what he did for you in English. him being cute is bonus, isn't it?❞

❝I know who he goes around with. my mama says he's a person i shouldn't be around. he's just tryna trick me..❞ Carrie said. Even though Carrie felt like you were asking her out for jokes, she wished deep down that it wasn't like that. And that your proposal was genuine.

——————

"M/n l/n , to the principals office. M/n l/n , to the principals office"

what? this school be trippin