The first day: the prequel

-Bananas are berries, Unlike strawberries

(No Pov)

I sighed looking around happily. three days ago I was back home and watching anime, spamming roaring moons till I had a box full of them. Why? Well since people often trade weak pokemon there it also means that under-leveled people will trade around. Thus by giving them level '50-'60s I am giving them a Pokemon they can't use until at least the second last gym and at most after the last gym. So I am laughing at the economy.

But two days ago it all changed. I went through a tear in space-time and ended up in httyd with the power to freeze things in place. Oh did I mention that apparently, it was drawbacks? And limits! Sure inanimate objects can be frozen for ten minutes. Animals such as deer and fish can be frozen for five. But dragons and most likely humans can only be frozen for a minute. Plus I have a limited amount of them and whenever I use them I can't sleep the next day! So yeah I didn't get any that day. And only last night did I get some sleep. And in a world like httyd Sleep is important. Dragon attack? Need sleep to be able to function. Dragon Race? Sleep is needed to function.

But whatever I was riding a dragon. An actual dragon! A flightmare called cosmo. He's got the look of the night sky and his mist is a surprising white. If I remember correctly the flightmare seen in the show (I call em Ban the immortal) had pale blue mist just like him.

"EHHH!"

I looked around confused. Where did that scream come from? Cosmo however seemed to know. His head was pointing to the right. Towards where the sun had risen. So east? Or was it west? Shaking my head I urged Cosmo on. He flew faster than I knew he could and accelerated faster than I knew he could.

"JESUS!" I yelled tightening my grip on the Flightmare as he continued his flight. After a minute I could see a strange glowing below me. It looked like a river in the sea. Something about it looked familiar too...

"EHHGH!" The dragon roared again.

Looking up my face went pale. It was Ban the immortal! The adult flightmare was bigger than my own and didn't seem too happy about a human riding the teenager.

"Grrah!" Ban growled. Cosmo gave a soft growl in return. Ban glared at me but then quickly looked down checking on his own 'Fountain of eternal youth'. Ban growled once more but Cosmo shook his head. Ban gave me a death look before flying off quickly to defend his food from a pair of curious scauldrens. Poor guys.

"I don't know what happened but things mate," I rubbed cosmo's neck and he nodded flying off in the opposite direction of Ban. West? Or east?

(Slight Timeskip)

I yawned as I sat up. Had I fallen asleep? Probably. But then again all I saw was the ocean so maybe not. However, I realized my previous assessment was wrong. In Front of me was an Island black as coal.

"No bloody way," I whispered. As we flew closer I could almost feel its presence on the island.

"Dragon Island," I gasped as Cosmo shivered. We flew close to the ground and eventually, a foul smell overcame both our noses. I would have thrown up right then and there if I didn't have a firm stomach and a blocked right nostril.

It was the corpse of the Dragon Queen. It was rotting. Cosmo and I circled the former Red death. Cosmo was in fear and awe of the corpse meanwhile I was relieved.

"The Red Death's well Death means that Berk has already become hospitable to Dragons. And its rotting status meant it was at least a month since its death. Seeing Ban Earlier made me believe that I had arrived around the same time as the flightmare episode. But whatever it meant I didn't know. Do I stick my nose in and destroy canon before it gets kinda good? I mean I would still rather have stoick have a dragon. And I wouldn't want to disrupt the Screaming Death my second favorite dragon. But at the same time, I could watch by staying in the background.