Mystery Meat

In a lab, a semi-obese woman with shoulder-length whiting-black hair and blue eyes, and wearing an orange jumpsuit with black gloves, a black belt, black collar, and short boots walked up to three teenagers sitting on chairs. Right near them was what looked like a closed portal hole with yellow-and-black striped doors.

"So,Danielle, you and your little friends want to hunt ghosts?" She asked her daughter.

"Uh, a-actually, Mom, I want to be an astronaut." The black-haired girl, Danielle , said with a small smile.

Danielle's hair was long and wavy that reached down to her waist, wore a blue headband over her bangs that hung near her face, icy blue eyes, fair skin, and red lipstick. She wore a small white shirt with red sleeves that reached close to her elbows, a red oval on her chest, a red collar, and revealed her midriff. She also wore blue skinny bootcut jeans and red sneakers.

"Sorry, Mrs. Fenton. I was into ghosts, but they're so mainstream now. They're like cellphones." The goth boy said glumly to the obese woman.

The boy had messy shoulder-length hair that reached down to his neck a little with bangs, violet eyes that showed his fierce and independent stare, and both of his ears were pierced with three earrings each. He wore a thin-chain necklace, a black T-shirt with a purple oval on his chest (similar to Dani's), and black pants with a green crosspatch pattern, tucked into his grey combat boots with black laces.

"Waist this pretty face and all of this charisma hunting ghosts? Criminal..." The African-American girl said as she placed a hand on her hip with a look of somewhat disagreement.

She had short shoulder-length black hair with two lock bangs on the sides of her face and wore a red beanie on her head, turquoise eyes, red lipstick, and wore bifocal glasses over her eyes. She wore a yellow buttoned short-sleeve top, green cargo shorts, and brown boots.

"Well, if you do want to hunt ghosts, there are a few things you'll need to learn." Mrs. Fenton said as she turned to the counter behind her and began playing around with a few beakers.

Then a blue mist suddenly emerged from Dani's mouth as her eyes went wide when she gasped in alarm. She then glanced nervously at the portal next to them. "Oh no, this isn't good." She murmured quietly to herself.

The gates opened as it revealed a green swirling portal, until two green octopuses suddenly emerged out of the portal while they roared eerily. They both suddenly grabbed the goth boy and the black girl by their mouths and lifted them out of their seats, making them yelped in surprise.

"True, I've never seen a ghost, but when I do I'll be prepared, and so will you." Mrs. Fenton said, completely oblivious to what was going on. Danielle glanced from her mother to her friends while the octopus ghosts held them hostage. "Whether you want to be or not." Dani then made a look of determination and jumped at them before white light emitted. Various fighting and beatings were heard. "It all starts with your equipment." The woman held up a thermos-like device before an octopus flew behind her.

The goth boy and black girl flew back onto their seats. "Sam, Tina, this is the Fenton Thermos." Mrs. Fenton said as she handed the goth boy, Sam, the thermos before she turned back to the counter. "It's supposed to trap ghosts, but since it doesn't work yet, it's just a thermos." She briefly glanced back at the teens, but completely missed the octopus that flew behind her. "A thermos with the word 'Fenton' in front of it!"

The octopuses looked disoriented until they flew back into the portal before white light emitted again. Danielle scowled at the portal before it powered off, until she glanced with a gaping look and she quickly jumped out of the way before her mother noticed. "And that? That is the Fenton Portal: it releases ghosts into our world, whether I wanted to or not. And someday, I'll figure out how that works, too." She said as she tapped her finger on the portal's gate.