School day

After a year, Valentine was to begin studying. She had grown and had beautiful wavy hair.

On the day of school, she was ready with her uniform put on, her lunch readily packed in her lunch box and in her school bag. she was taken to school along with Anna, Gaby, Reagan Tinka and Stephen. Daniel took them to school in his car with Elizabeth and Alexandra beside him.

"I want to go home.” Valentine said when they reached school.

"School is fun, you’ll see.” Anna told her and they held hands entering the school principal’s office.

“So, this is Valentine.” He asked.

“Yes, indeed sir.” Elizabeth replied.

The man in his yellow suit and bright red tie looked at Valentine with his eyes and smiled.

“My name is Bruce Moon and I’m the principal of this school, Newark Academy. Welcome to your school.” He said addressing both Valentine and Elizabeth.

“Glad to meet you sir.” Elizabeth said with a gloom in her face.

“We matter a lot about your child, Valentine’s education. although ewe do support other talents in this school considering sports, music, dance and drama. What can she do?”

“Dance!” Valentine said with an excited smile in her fac.

The principal looked at her and smiled.

“Well Valentine, which kind of dance are you good at?” he said as he turned to her, Elizabeth also turned to her.

“Ballet.” She answered as they all looked at her.

“Wow, are you sure, dear?” Elizabeth asked her.

“Yes, I have seen Anna do it in her room tons of times, I’m sure I can do it too.” She answered Elizabeth.

“Good to know, you will be joining the other ballet students after class for practice, you can go to your class now. Last room on the left from here.”

The principal said and they stood up to leave.

“Have a nice day, dear.” Elizabeth said to Valentine.

“Bye…” Valentine said and walked away.

When she entered the classroom all the eyes when on her.

There was a teacher who was teaching, she looked at her and showed her inside the class.

“Welcome to my class, I’m called Tr. Ruth, what’s your name?” she asked with a smile.

“Valentine.” She answered and the teacher told everyone to say hello to her.

“Hello, Valentine!” the class shouted in unison and she replied with her usual soft hi.

“You can sit down.” The teacher said showing her a free seat.

Beside her seat was a black girl.

“Hi, I’m Frankie. Its nice to meet you.” Her neighbor said.

“Nice to meet you too.” Valentine said and smiled at her new friend.

At break time, while Valentine was checking her locker, Frankie came to talk to her.

“Hey, can I umm… take you for a tour or something.” She asked while touching her head, she had great straight short hair.

“Sorry, I kinda promised someone to take me for a tour.” She replied and Frankie frowned asking who.

“it’s my aunt Anna.” She replied as she saw her sadness grow.

“But…please?” she begged.“I made a promise….” Valentine said but started feeling sad about it.