9. Booted

Today is the official last day of school. I'm at my locker and collecting all my things when suddenly, a random girl in Jaden's arms, Jaden, Ethan and my best friend, Hazel all come up to me.

"Oh, Val.." Hazel says in a singsongy voice, "Oh, Hazel," I mock back, she laughs.

"Party tonight, you coming?" Ethan asks, I chuckle, "Can't." Hazel frowns, "What? Why? Is it 'cause y'know who?" she asks, I shake my head no. "My brother, he's going to that camp remember? Gotta help him pack." I shut my locker and say bye to all of them, except Jaden sadly, because we have first period together.

I enter the class and take my usual seat. I wish I could say the same for Jaden but, I can't because his dumbass sits right next to me. I get couple glares from a few of the girls but brush it off because I don't want him. They're plastic asses can have him.

Anyways, when he does sit next to me I furrow my eyebrows and ask, "Uhm... did someone take your usual seat?" he ignores my question and gets comfortable in his chair.

Class starts and Mr. Mathews hands back our tests we took a few weeks ago. When he hands me mine I see a score of 96% I sigh in relief. I'm very tough on myself about my grades. Why you ask, well because after I do take custody of Nathan, I'm going to try to do online college. I'm not exactly sure which one, but a girl can dream, right?

~~~~~
I walk into the lunch room and see Hazel in the lunch line. I walk over to her, "Hey," I say, "Hey! So, I was wondering if it's okay if we maybe possibly can sit with all the guys from the party? So, like Elijah, Ethan, Connor, Jaden." I groan, "Why Jaden? He's such arrogant piece of shi-"

"Hey, guys." Ethan says.

Hazel chuckles. She pays and grabs her lunch tray and walks with me and Ethan to our new lunch table. I sit next to Connor, and Hazel. "Hey! Look! It's the girl that's really good at beer pong!" Connor exclaims, I slightly chuckle, "Hello to you to, Connor." I say to him, "And she remembers my name!" he says loudly pretending to cry tears of joy.

"Hey, Valerie." Elijah waves, I nod my head, "Hi." I don't say anything to Jaden and neither does he. But the same girl from this morning does, "Why no lunch? To poor?" she purrs.

When I say she purrs, I mean it, she sounds like cat woman trying to seduce someone. I'm not even joking.

Hazel gives her the worlds dirtiest look ever, so does Connor, Elijah and Ethan. No reaction from Jaden though. "You want to talk poor?
How abo-" Hazel tries to start putting this girl in her place but I stop her, "It's fine. She's not worth it." I whisper grabbing her wrist. She gives me a look. I give her a look. "Fine." she grumbles.

I stay quiet for the rest of lunch. On my phone checking out Instagram, and other socials. Avoiding in socialization from anyone at the table.

And finally the bell rings. I shoot up and walk my ass out of there. I go to my locker, quickly collect my things and go to my next class. Bio. I sit in the second to last row in the middle. And, Connors in this class.

"Aye! Valerie!" he says as he enter the class, "Hey," I greet back, "Can I sit here?" I nod. So far Connor is my favorite out of the three boys I recently met.

"Who the hell was that girl?" I ask, I know he knows I'm a little frustrated about that situation back there, "No idea. Well- it- Okay, hear me out. I know this is a little cliche but Jaden he- well he isn't exactly a hump and dump type of persons. He's more of a lead on, and dump. Y'know?" He explains, "So, that girls just chasing after him?" Connor nods. I laugh at that idea and go on my phone. I have a message from Hazel.

Hazel: Val... I did something really bad.

Me: Whatd u do?

Hazel: so y'know that stupid bitch that mentioned u being poor or whatever. so after you left I started calling her shit and now we're going to fight