Chapter One: Leaving

"Dad! Please, can I meet him? Shadow usually keeps to himself, he'll keep it a secret," you begged your father.

"No (Y/n) it's too risky, you have to stay in your room until Shadow leaves, Metal will stay with you."

You sighed, at least staying locked in your room with Metal, was better than staying locked in your room by yourself. You looked down at Orbot and Cubot, the former giving you a thumbs up in encouragement.

"C'mon Metal let's go, Shadow'll get here any minute now," you said walking in the direction of your room.

You paced around your room bored out of your mind. Metal sat on the bed watching you. "It's not fair!" you yelled sitting down on a chair, "C'mon Shadow'll want to be in and out of here he's got to be gone by now it's been...seven minutes." You groaned. "Okay I admit I'm being totally impatient, but it isn't fair, right?" You looked over at Metal who shrugged in response. "I miss when you could talk, do you?" Metal looked down. Suddenly you got an idea. "Metal, if I could bring back your ability to speak, would you go for it?" Metal looked at you then gave a thumbs up.

~~~ Time Skip ~~~

Shadow walked around Eggman's base, having decided to take the "tour" into his own hands. He stopped suddenly when he heard a female voice on the other side of a door.

"Okay so there's something blocking me from accessing some parts of your code, if I could get past it, I think I could give you back the ability to speak, how's that sound?" the girl paused, "What someone's outside the door?"

Suddenly the door opened, Shadow saw Metal Sonic standing there. The robot immediately got into a defensive position once he spotted the dark hedgehog, Shadow doing the same. A girl walked up to the two, she looked no older than 15 with (H/L), (H/t), (H/c) hair and (E/c) eyes. Her eyes fell on Shadow causing her to gasp.

"Oh my god your Shadow. Metal stand down, he's a guest," she said. The robot hesitated, but did as told nonetheless. Shadow looked at Metal skeptically before shifting his attention to the girl.

"Who are you?" he asked.

She smiled, stepping forward and offering her hand, "I'm (Y/n)."

"What are you doing here?"

(Y/n) sighed, "I live here, what'd my dad want with you?"

"I-your dad?"

"Oh right, you don't know about me, yeah Dr. Eggman's my father, fun right?" you laid on the sarcasm at the last part. Shadow stared at you completely shocked. You casually leaned on Metal, who adjusted his position to accommodate you.

"I know, shocking right?" you said, "Don't worry about Metal, he won't attack unless you attack first, right Metal?" Metal gave a thumbs up.

"How have I never heard of you before?" Shadow asked (Y/n).

"Oh that's cuz dad tries to keep me a secret. He's actually really good at it, plus I'm not supposed to leave the building unless Sonic attacks. Never have. Hey can you give Sonic a tip? I'd love to leave sometime soon," you replied clearly bored. Then you got another idea.

"Hey Shadow, do you think you could help me get out of here?" Metal grabbed your arm causing you to look over at him. "Don't think you can stop me Metal, especially if he says yes."

"And why should I help you?" Shadow asked. You bit your lip thinking of a way to get Shadow to trust you. Finally you came up with a solution.

"Well I can be incredibly helpful," you said, "I know the location of every Eggman base, have unlimited access to the Eggnet, know several passwords and robots listen to me, I mean you just saw Metal do as I said. Oh did I mention that I also know how the robots are built so I know all their weaknesses."

Shadow looked at you skeptically, "And how do I know you're not just trying to spy on me?"

You sighed, "Listen I don't care about the whole 'Eggman Empire' thing, all I hear from my dad is destroy that hedgehog this and I hate Sonic that, I don't want any part of it, frankly I'm glad my father's plans never succeed."

Shadow wasn't fully convinced, you were still Eggman's daughter after all, it seemed very likely that you would help him. Yet you looked so desperate, part of him couldn't say no, while the other part was screaming no.

"Fine, I'll take you to Tails's workshop," Shadow finally said.

"Oh my god, really?! I can't be-" you turned to Metal, "Sorry 'bout this but I'm not letting you get in trouble." You leaned over and discreetly pressed Metal's power button, causing him to power down.

Shadow stared at you, "How?"

"Like I said I know most of the robots weaknesses, I also know Orbot and Cubot's mute buttons that's useful."

"Grab my hand," Shadow grabbed a Chaos Emerald from his pocket, "Chaos control!"

The two of you teleported to Tails's workshop. You were kind of worried, if your dad found out you would be grounded for life, but you were absolutely excited to be out of the base for the first time.

Shadow knocked on the door. Unsurprisingly Tails opened it. He was shocked to see Shadow, and even more shocked to see a random girl there with him.

Shadow cut straight to the point, "We need to talk, is Sonic here?"

"Uh yeah he is, do you want to come inside?" Tails asked.

Shadow answered by walking inside, you hesitated, but excitement got the better of you so you followed.