Timeline

Timeline

Chaotic Era - At least 500,000 years.

Fushen, Mushen and Donghua descend into the universe.

The three create the Pillars of Heaven (fundamental laws of the universe).

Progenitors of many Ancient tribes emerge, some of these included: Nine-headed bird (Ancestors of Phoenixes), Nine-headed snake, Toad, Spirit Turtle (Ancestor of all shelled immortal animals), Ape, Rabbit, Tiger, Lion, Luduan (Ancestor of Qilin), Tenghuang (Ancestor Nine-tailed foxes), Zhen bird (Ancestor of most winged immortal animals).

Pillars of Heaven broken (Cause Unknown by history).

During this time:

Fushen uses his cultivation and primordial energy to protect the physical, metaphysical and spiritual reality.

Mushen uses her cultivation and primordial energy to uphold the Pillars of Heaven.

Taiqing, Lingbao, Yuanshi emerge.

Dong Hua fights the void creature.

At a later time

The first thirteen of the seventy two generals under Dong Hua emerge in the immediate aftermath of the Pillars being broken. Of these, six are still alive at the time this story is set. These are: Bai Zhi, Zhe Yan, Ning Shang, Da Kai, Liu Cai and Xiang Xu. Three are unrecorded in history, and the following three are dead:
Meng Hao (Ji Hengs father, of the Dragon Clan)

Xin Ho (The first Tianjun, ancestor of the Dragon Clan)
Ao (Ru Zhongs Grandmother/father, of the Turtle Clan)

Divine Fungal Grass forms from the time between the Pillars being broken and repaired (A time without laws, reality was changeable). The three primordial beings (Fushen, Mushen and Dong Hua) cannot destroy or remove anything that was formed during this time period. This was because doing so might provide a pathway for void being to breach reality and enter the universe. Fushen uses half his cultivation to create the four divine beasts to protect the Divine Fungal Grass, which was something that was not governed by the Pillars of heaven, and broke the Heavenly Laws.

Mushen repairs the Pillars of Heaven with the willing sacrifice of Ao's primordial spirit (Ru Zhongs grandfather) and her own cultivation/primordial energy. Caused her to go into labour and bird Mo Yuan early, miscarried his twin (Ye Hua). Fushen uses the other half of his cultivation/primordial energy to create the Golden Lotus (as a womb) and places Ye Huas primordial spirit inside to recuperate and grow.

Of the Ancient Tribes only the Dragon, Nine-tailed fox and Phoenix tribes continued to exist into the Prehistoric Era.

Prehistoric Era - lasted 90,849 years

Beginning of the Prehistoric Era (PE).

PE 0 - Mo Yuans birth marks the beginnings of recorded history.

Dong Hua begins pacifying/conquering the universe.

Ancient Demon and Deity war.

Using slaughter to stop slaughter, and war to stop wars, Donghua and the Seventy-Two Generals under him eventually conquer the six realms.

PE 90, 849 - End of the Chaotic Era.

Current Era - Ongoing

"As time passed each Tianjun ascended the throne and descended it. Only Donghua Dijun sat firmly and unchangingly on the Daoist Trinity holy land." - Pillowbook