Realms and Races

Races and Realms

Races: Deity, Immortal, Mortal, Ghost, Animal, Demon

Realms: Heaven (upper realm), Earthly (lower Realm), Mortal, Ghost, Animal, Demon

神 Shen - Deity Race - Heaven and Earth Realms

(Upper) Heavenly Realm (Jiuzhongtian/Nine Heavens, Kunlun, Heavenly Tribe)

Heavenly tribe rulers: Dragon Clan (Tian Jun)

(Lower) Earthly Realm (Qing Qiu, 5 Realms that rule the 5 Wildernesses)

Qing Qiu rulers: Nine-tailed Fox Clan (Bai Zhi)

Peach Blossom Forest ruler: Phoenix Clan (Zhe Yan)

These two clans do not refer to themselves as part of the Deity Race, because they are not as pretentious as the Dragon Clan of Jiuchongtian.

仙 Xian - Immortal Race - Lower Realm

This is basically every non-demon, non-ghost Immortal that is not part of the three divine Clans (Dragon, Nine-Tailed Fox, Phoenix).These three clans due to their long lifespans and power, are the only ones able to reach High God rank in the current world.

Spiritual Fox, Red Fox, Snakes (Xiao Xin) ect. All immortal maids selected from divine mountains in the Heaven Tribe territory ect.

Even High immortal rank is not possible for the vast majority of Immortals, as it needs on average about 70,000 years of cultivation, and most have an average lifespan of only 10,000 years.

It was rare for mystical creatures to absorb enough divine energy to become immortals like the dragons, the phoenixes or the nine-tailed white foxes. Other clans lived a limited lifespan of a thousand years (Biyi Niao), perhaps ten thousand (spiritual foxes). – Pillowbook 1, Chapter 11

魔 Mo - Demon Race - Demon Realm.

鬼 Gui - (Ghost) 翼 Yi - Ghost Realm.

凡 Fan - Mortals - Mortal Realm.

畜 Chu - Livestock, Beasts, Animals - Animal Realm.

Lesser or extinct races

妖 Yao (Devil) Functionally extinct, the majority of evil/black/malicious/blasphemous magic can be traced back to this ancestor race of both Demons and Ghosts. Yao-king tower in eternal love ep 25, bewitching/sorcerors black magic (Su Jin making the puppet to charm/seduce Ye Hua).

怪 (Guai) Strange, uncanny, odd, bewildering.

煞 Sha (Evil spirit, Goblin). Extinct by the time of the current era. Similar lifespan to mortals, but more inclined to evil and easily effected by evil/foul aura/air/energy.