Ch 80

"Why have you been acting weird lately?" I question once we're in private.
"It's...not a fun story." he sighs.
"Just say it." I reply.
"Well, first things first, I almost got manipulated by Weller." he states. "He's planning to deny himself of purified blood so on the deadline, he'd be berserk and I got mad at that."
"What..." I whisper trying to keep in anger slowly starting to build up.

Asher sighs, seeming to be doubtful on what to tell me. He's avoiding eye contact aswell, crossed arms, reacting with a flight response right now. I can't help but frown and feel bad for him. Must be really bad for Asher of all people to get mad.

"I got mad, confronted him and let's just say that was when his manipulation started. He forced me into a moral dilemma, either I destroy an entire town so he chooses to not go berserk or I just let him do his original plan." he says quietly. "I broke out before it got too late, it was when my head was starting to get hazy that I realized what he was doing and well, I chose he sticks with his original plan by letting just whatever spill out my mouth."

I'm not even mad, just relieved Asher broke out of that and chose to spare the lives of the innocent. Something I didn't do, I committed arson when so many other things could've been done. Though I'm glad my teacher is safe. For Asher to get mad like that, I think he knows how a berserk vampire is.

I don't so it's difficult for me to understand why he was so mad. I take back ever forgiving Weller, that's just a fucking dickhead move of him to do that. A damn bastard and dick.

"I'm glad you're safe, Ash." I smile. "Thanks for standing up."
"You're like my son, how can I not?" he chuckles. "Now that that's out of the way, 10x more intense training now."
"I'll fucking kill you then." I roll my eyes and create a fire right out my hand.
"Language." he smiles and pokes at the fire knowing it's not even hot. "Well funfact, fires can cause trees to explode if it turns water inside it into steam."
"Thanks, dad." I say quietly.

I remove the fire and look up to see Asher's eyes wide open and almost tearing up. Didn't realize how much that would mean to him...but it feels right to call him dad. It just feels right since he raised me the most, even if not my biological dad.

The room goes silent, there's a smile on his face that he covers with his mouth. He hugs me tightly which I accept, it's warm and I feel nostalgic from it. I recall him hugging me during one of my breakdowns once and his hugs still feel the same as ever.

"Dad?" I smile.
"You called me dad...I can't believe it..." Asher starts crying. "I'm sorry, I just can't help but be really happy."
"I'm glad you are." I state.
"You've grown so much, I'm glad you're with Liza now, 20 years old, almost equally strong as I am and you're extremely intelligent, much more mature now too, I'm so proud of you."
he pats my shoulder. "And you're not virgin anymore, shocking."
"Don't tell me..." I start to feel embarrassed. "I'll get revenge on you too, 30th of May."

He lets go and gives me the look of 'I know'...well that's embarrassing and I sure as hell understood what Liza goes through when I tease her now. Still will continue teasing her but I understand how it feels now. Way too embarrassing. Guess I'll get revenge on his birthday though.

I cough and leave, not dealing with embarrassment. I head to our hotel room and Liza's in the shower, singing her favorite song...she has a soft yet energetic voice and it definitely fits her personality. A naive and energetic angel yet caring for those that matter to her, I love my girlfriend with my entire life...there's so little time left.

I'm not sure if I'll truly be able to live during the deadline but I can't leave Liza. She'd be fine on her own as she has support but I won't be at peace when I'm dead. If we're gonna die then it's together and that won't be anytime soon.

*20 minutes later*

"LET ME GO!" Liza yells as I carry her over my shoulder.
"No, Strawberry, I still want my shirt back." I state.
"Mm no!" she replies.
"Guess you're stuck like this." I respond and spin around a little.
"Fuck you." she mutters.
"Pretty sure you were the one fucked last week, no?" I raise an eyebrow.

She starts to burn up, I laugh a little and put her down which is when she gives back my shirt. I kiss her softly on the lips and smile. Her face is red as usual, like a strawberry. She mutters some curse words and hides her face with her hands.

"Mr Demon, when are we gonna do what we talked about?" Liza asks.
"Probably in one or two days, still have things to do." I shrug. "Besides, how do you wanna extract your blood?"
"Hmm, syringe?" she says a little unsure. "We're not experts s-"

There's a knock on the door and I go to check it, Rose. Liza immediately runs up from behind and jumps onto Rose, hugging her. They both fall on the ground and Liza gets off with a huge smile on her face.

"How are you still alive?" Liza asks.
"By some miracle I became a spirit and then alive, I asked my ass of a husband to take me here." Rose answers. "But I'm so happy you're both doing well and uhm, Harry, do you know about Weller's plans...?"
"I do." I nod. "I'll explain later, Strawberry." Liza blinks at me confused but nods.
"So, now that you're alive, what are you gonna do?" I question.
"Be stuck with a dick husband, I just wanted to check in with you two..." she smiles.

Rose gives Liza a hug before leaving and then I close the door. I hug Liza tightly, it's heavy to know that there's no guarantee on the deadline now and it's so close...a little over a month left. I have to tell her though.

"Strawberry, truth is, it's a 50/50 chance of death for me on the deadline."

.............................................................

This book is confusing tbh