Stealing is not nice

Jadens p.o.v

I crouched behind the bushes in Grand Glens Park. It was cold and the wind howled it's merciless cry. My hands clenched in an attempt to find warmth, even as they hid in the deep confines of my pockets, the weather was relentless. Maybe it was nature's way of telling me it knew what I planned to do. I never really liked the cold but at the same time there was a marvelous joy that it brought me. Ultimately it was the way I could feel the frozen air biting my skin that enthralled me because anything else felt unreal.

I had been waiting for a bit but I had wandered outside for a while just because it gave me an excuse to see the lights the city had a ways away from the park. Collins had taken longer to get here than I had thought. Nothing to worry over.

He would come eventually.

He was going to die here today for taking money that wasn't his. He deserved it since the money he took was ours, it was as simple as that. I know his schedule and his basic life day to day. In all honesty besides the fact that he was a thief, Collins was admirable. He had an average house with a loving wife that cared dearly for him and a beautiful daughter. What else could he want besides that.

He ruined himself with his thievery.

Although maybe there was something I had missed while watching them from afar, something only someone in their family knew about. I didn't let it trouble me all that much because either way after tonight he would be gone.

My eyes followed the prostitutes movements as she dug in her purse for a lighter a half mile away, she was self destructive in that way I suppose but the way she stood at the corner in tight barely there clothes made it obvious that she didn't mind. There was a man that took up the bench in front of her, passed out completely, but I couldn't tell if she waited for him or for some bucking virgin to pop out of the night for some unspeakable enjoyment. Both were too far away to be of any concern to me, I only looked out of lack of anything else to do.

Finally the sound of footsteps echoed in the empty night as my eyes zeroed in on the black figure coming closer. I immediately recognised the height and build, crouching down lower, placing a palm on the grass for balance. As he passes under the lamp, the phone in his hand glinted under the light like a watch dog, blinding me for less than a second, it sees me but nothing else. I swear that the phone is permanently attached to his hand because he's always on that thing. Maybe that's why he stole our money, so he could buy a high tech smartphone. Crappy decision on his part if it's true. Collins wanders by my place and out of the luminescence, back into darkness.

My footsteps can't be heard, even the rustle of the leaves is silent as I step out, behind his unsuspecting form. The spot we were at had been scoped out the day before so after a quick look at the bystanders my gloved hand snaps over Collins mouth while my other arm pulled him back and into the alley near by. It was a dumpster alley so it was a fitting place for trash to die.

I never understood how someone could get so lost in a mobile device that they wouldn't realize a person was stalking him. When his phone falls and breaks to pieces Collins finally starts the struggle, the initial shock gone. He's a couple inches taller than I but his flailing doesn't help at all. I sighed before leaning forward “Hey Collins, I believe you have something belonging to me.” his movements continued and I tightened my grip at the lack of attention he gave my words.

“If you stop fighting I'll think about sparing your family “ straight to the point then.

He stills and yet even with the threat decides to send his elbow flying into my stomach causing me to grunt. I release Collins and he tumbles to the dirty ground. “Ouch, that really hurt Collins, think Sandra will kiss it better for me?.” I pouted, his wife was gorgeous for an older lady not that I'm into that but Collins looks about ready to choke me. He looked up at me as if I was insane and I probably was.

"Who the hell are you and what the fuck do you want?” He sneered but I only crossed my arms at his hostility, pout still in place.

“What's more important is that you return the money you stole before I kill you for cussing at me.” I really hated vulgar words, they were so unnecessary. Instead of running his mouth he could try to escape.

“I… don't know what your talking about.” he said and sat up on the floor right next to a used condom and a crushed beer bottle, pitiful really.

“I hate lies as much as I hate cussing. Where is my money, last chance Collins.” I explained while glaring at him and his blasphemy. Did he believe I was born yesterday? Last I checked I was seventeen, not some gullible four year old that believes any words coming from an adult's mouth.

“I don't have to say anything to you!” he yelled like a battle cry before running at me. Bad choice but I'll give him credit for his guts.

My foot finds the middle of his abdomen before he's fully upright and he's sent sprawled across the floor again. His jacket falling off one shoulder as his wide eyes stare at the gun I have pointed at his head. He blinks once, twice, then starts quivering once he registers the metal object. Then he came clean like the pathetic coward he was. “I don't have it anymore.” he whispered before his breath catches as I step forward. “I swear I-it’s gone! I gave it away. I don't have it anymore! I'm sorry, I'm s-sorry.” and now he was in tears... they don't help in any way. Collins crawls back in fear until his back hits the wall of the alley that was covered in a mixture of liquid and goo, disgusting.

I cock the gun before replying “Didn't your mama teach you that stealing is not nice?” All he did was look like a deer caught in headlights so I went on. “Doesn't matter I guess it doesn't really make a difference now.” I sighed, then smiled at him. “I'll be your mother now! I'll take good care of you but I will not tolerate disobedience. As for now, mama says it's bedtime.” I spoke sweetly and put a hand to my heart. You could say I was enjoying myself too much and I would agree but did it matter? Hell no. He was dying and I was having fun, simple really.

Only Collins seemed to grow a pair after basically being called a child because his face was bright red and he was angry. “Motherfucker!” He lunged forward again and my mood immediately drops. I step to the side and dodge his fist while slamming the hilt of my gun into his spine before shooting an orifice into his skull. He makes a unidentifiable noise and twitches for a bit before stilling for the last time, blood pooling around his head. He had already broken the only rule, his punishment was fitting. “Goodnight baby.” I cooed although I was disappointed that my fun had to end so quickly.

I heaved him up and tossed him in the trash before throwing trash and bags on top of him. He had so much potential, had been a smart guy. I only hope I wouldn't have to pay for his actions because that would suck. I picked up my gun and stashed it away in my clothes before sliding off my gloves to stuff them in a pocket. It was eleven fifty-seven but I had until one to get back so I decided to take the long way. With a shrug and some soft humming, I meandered home in the darkness of night.