ooo. stay away, park misun.

━ ❝ ❪ chapter zero ꒱   stay away, park misun. ❫ ɞ˚˙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MUSIC FILLED THE ROOM AS A SERENE AMBIENCE covered the occupants within, delicate fingertips touching the cool surface of each piano key and executing a perfect symphony to layer itself with the heavenly vocals that echoed throughout the empty hallway.

Park Misun sat by the open window whilst playing accordingly to the papers in front of her, the delicate spring breeze slipping through the cracks and gifting the two girls with a newfound sense of calm as Han Gowoon finished the last line of her lyrical sheet ; a satisfied smile gracing her naked lips.

It wasn't long ago the two sophomore girls had found each other, despite having gone to the same classes for six months prior to Misun transferring from her boarding school in Japan. At first – the other had disliked the transferee due to her rumored wealth and a certain attitude that was expected from someone coming from money, yet when Gowoon had found herself in a sticky situation with her classmates ; Misun had been the only one to stand up for her, thus realizing that the girl wasn't as bad as the rumors led her to believe.

Misun had played her last key on the piano as she graced Gowoon with her chocolate eyes, squinting them as her smile reached the peak of her cheeks and two petite dimples appeared on each chin. "That was perfect, Gowoon –"

The girl shied away as she flicked back the pages to oversee her lyrics, frowning. "I think I could do better, don't you?"

"You're being too hard on yourself again –" She commented with a sigh, running her hands through her long dark locks before shifting her eyes back to her best friend. "You've done well on every single take we've done this afternoon, and classes ended three hours ago –"

"I know, I just –" She let out a sigh as she paced around the room for a moment, tracing her hand along the front desk by the chalkboard before Misun noticed her lips pout. "I don't want to give our classmates another reason to tease me, or even let down our teacher –"

"Gowoon –" Misun got up from her seat as she straightened out her skirt, moving her hair to grace down the left side of her neck, and moved closer to the front of the music room; tilting her head as to look at the girl better. "You shouldn't care about what they think, honestly. They're just jealous because you outshone them for the lead part, besides –"

"It's an easy thing for you to say, Misun –" She sighed, flicking her ebony eyes to look at her. "You're pretty and wealthy –"

"Money or looks has nothing to do with this." She reminded her, biting on her bottom lip. "One can be the prettiest on the planet and have all the money in the world, yet still feel miserable and like something is missing. Heck – even rich kids can be picked on, you know?"