Ever Heard of Privacy? (Jera)

A/N: Here we have the classic Jera. I was also requested to do this scenario based on a dare by two people. You two know who you are! XD

Anywho, hope you guys enjoy!

Love ya guys! ^-^

-KittCat

Isen hadn't meant to listen in. His ability just...kinda slipped he guessed.

It wasn't his fault that having an ability called Hunter gave him enhanced hearing. Nor was it his fault that he loved to gossip, especially when it came to the juicy stuff like what he just heard in the room next door. 

Call him a creep, but his journalist instincts were unmatched when it came to finding out the truth.

And find out the truth he did.

Blyke would easily say he was being a weirdo and had already whacked him over the head several times now with his pillow, now as red as his hair after having learned of what happened in the room just next door.

Inside though, he was internally screaming. He knew having Seraphina over was a horrible, horrible idea.

.

.

.

Sitting on his bed, John tried to hold himself upright, the ugly and mottled bruises now adorning his ribs making it hard for him to even sit straight.

Meanwhile before him, Sera had her arms crossed, deep in thought. "We're lucky Zeke managed to back off after what happened. Otherwise, who knows what state you'd be in right now."

Oh, he knew. He knew that very well. It was by a sheer stroke of dumb luck his ability managed to come to life when it did.

"Don't have to tell me twice. I'm just glad the dumb*ss chickened out. But right now, I feel like there's other things we need to worry about..." Though, Zeke had been awfully close to exposing him and his problem to the rest of the school, his ability acting up out of nowhere was truly a blessing however small it was. 

But right now, it left him with more questions than answers. 

Sera huffed, shifting from side to side. "I still can't believe your ability worked...are you sure you can't try activating it right now?"

John shook his head, wincing at how the motion aggravated his ribs. "Believe me...I've tried."

For a moment, Sera stared at him in thought before making up her mind. "Hold on. I'll be right back."

Before he could question it, she walked right out of the room, extensions trailing behind her while John looked on.

All he could do was sigh to himself as he looked down at his hands and lost himself in thought. 

How had things gone so wrong? It felt like yesterday that he and Sera were chatting away in Woaba Boba over a cup of boba tea. Now, they were both ability-less...kinda...and he was left feeling more confused then ever.

What were they going to do if this whole plan didn't work? What if something went wrong? What if everything went right? What would the future look like for them and would they ever finally get the chance to live in peace?

They were all questions he had asked himself several times and still could find no solid answers to.

But there was another question that had begun to mingle with them. It was one he's tried to hide for awhile now because out of all the things happening in their lives, a simple-minded crush was the last thing he had to focus on.