Chapter 50

It had taken five long hours for the two to reach the top of the mountain, during the last two hours. Crosshair carried Cal on his back as he scaled walls and continued up the million of stairs. Unaware he had a few someone's following from a distance or so it was spoken. Yes, the universe played many tricks whether they were physical or mental it would depend on the trickster.

The two found an old cave to rest in, Cal was sleeping peacefully in Crosshairs arms. The marksman didn't really utter one word as he started up a small fire to keep them warm. Using his own cloak he wrapped it around Cal's front keeping the young padawan warm. Crosshair knew deep down why Cal asked to come with. The marksman knew the padawan had a different path and knew it would be hard to let go but instead he opted to join the padawan only so far. 

Once the two rested for a good thirty minutes and walked for another forty. Crosshair realised they had to separate. Kneeling down Crosshair looked down at his son. "I'm proud of you, whatever you decide I am with you always" Crosshair whispered into his son's hair. Cal nodded as he pressed against Crosshairs armoured chest, the two feeling each other's heartbeats. "In here?" Cal pointed at their hearts, Crosshair only nodded, pressing his lips to Cal's forehead and letting the younger go. Taking a minute to watch Cal disappear into a nearby cave, Crosshair continued walking up the cliff ledge. He was almost there to what he wouldn't understand but at least it would help point him in the right direction. 

After a few minutes, he lay down his helmet and cloak and sat on a rock staring out towards the view of the snowy forest. Crosshair took a minute to take a deep breath to resituate himself. Soon enough, he found his mind at ease. Closing his eyes, he was on the receiving end of an onslaught of vivid visions as he muttered an old meditation line he had learnt. 

He sat there for hours thinking over everything, he was glad for his patience. A warmness fell on his face as the sun rose in the distance filling the darkness with light. A warmth to the cold blanket, a new day versus a harsh reality. A small hand pressed to his face, blinking open an eye. Crosshair only sighed seeing not only one but four of his kids. It seemed they had snuck away from their caretakers for the night. A small body was pushed into his lap. Looking down he saw Archer in his baby sling. Crosshair shook his head seeing the smiles on Ashton, Honey and Omega's faces. 

He now understood what he had to do and whom he had to speak to solve this. He opened his arms welcoming in the twins who smiled at him and wandered off. Crosshair shook his head at their behaviour. He watched them run around like kids, enjoying themselves. Having freedom. 

"Crosshair?"

"Hmm" The marksman turned to look at Omega who was glowing for a minute and then miraculously paled. Her body slumped Crosshair grabbed her feeling a sudden darkness around them. Archer whimpered in his sling while the twins ran for his legs. Crosshair groaned, feeling his own pain but ignored it. A ship flew from above and hovered beside them. Crosshair made sure his kids were all behind him including Omega who clung to his hand desperately. 

He watched as someone stepped out of the ship, cloaked in black from head to toe. Crosshair grimaced feeling the pain spread through him almost like the time the darkness was placed in him for the first time. 

"Who are you?" Crosshair snarled in a protective tone stopping the figure from advancing forward. 

"I am here to take her from you, as it was prophesied" the figure said. Omega clenched tighter to Archer who was in her arms. 

"That's not happening. You will not be taking her" Crosshair bitterly spoke. "Fine, then you will die by my hand". Crosshair gritted his teeth. The cold is getting the better of him. "Fine," he blurted out.