Jaune Arc: Son of Salem

(This will be an AU to contribute to the Arcverse)

A boy is seen running into the forest, tears streaming down his face with a sword strapped to his back. Once again, he argued with his mother about why he couldn't join a combat school. She still refused to give him a reason simply saying she doesn't want him to fight. He stops running once he reaches a clearing. It is well worn, with the trees and fallen logs cut into multiple times, showing someone practiced here often. The boy, after catching his breath, pulled the sword out of the scabbard and began to focus on training. But his sadness was clear as day to any Grimm nearby.........

--------------

Cut to a broken, run-down castle in the middle of a bunch of dark crystals. Inside, we see an odd looking woman in rags, sitting on a chair. This woman was as white as bone, with red vein-like marks on her body. A look around the room shows it's in disaray. An old bed, almost broken with a moth-eaten mattress sits in a corner, with a single candle with a waning flame sitting on a broken nightstand. Unknown and forgotten to the world except by one, she has remained here ever since she buried her 4 dead daughters. Even now, her control over the Grimm has broken, with only a single alpha Beowulf still loyal to her. This Beowulf was seen running through a forest, showing his queen the world through his eyes. He senses something......something sad. The smell permeated the air, almost intoxicating. But the Beowulf knew better than to follow his instincts, due to his extreme intelligence. The Woman ordered him to check it out, as he was deep in the forest, and nothing should be out here. So the Beowulf obeyed and began running through the forest, towards the source of sadness. Soon the sounds of battle reached his ears. He stared through the trees and into the clearing, seeing a young boy, no older than 6, injured and holding up a sword against a normal Beowulf. Another dead Beowulf was seen behind the boy, fading away. The Beowulf suddenly lunged for the boy, catching him by surprise, and threw the sword to the side and biting into the child's side. Immediately, the Alpha was ordered to kill the Beowulf and save the boy......

-------------

The boy looked around, aching in pain as he felt the teeth burrowing into his flesh. He screamed in pain. But just when he stopped, he felt the Beowulf get torn off of him. He looked at it, and saw it being pinned by an even larger Beowulf, with its teeth buried into its skull. The alpha stood up, and looked at the boy. The boy, thinking his life was over, closed his eyes for what he thought would be the final time. Unknown to him, the woman in rags ordered her Beowulf to grab him and bring him to her, in hopes of healing him with what little magic she has left. The Beowulf proceeded to grab him and sprint off into the woods, in hopes of saving the boy.

------------

The Beowulf used a Grimm pool to get to his queen faster, and arrived in an hour. The woman immediately got to work, chanting words in an unknown language. The wounds slowly began to knit back together, and soon enough, he was healed. The woman looked into his mind, and saw what led to him being in the woods alone. Which gave her an idea.........

(Sorry for no dialogue, as that's the part of writing I'm bad at. And yes, in this book Salem is a broken woman who is trying to fix her mistakes and regain control of the Grimm to stop them from killing people. And Jaune will be her blade.)