Swiss + Crying

Swiss turned in his desk chair, dropping the pen so fast you would've though it was too heavy for his hand.

"What did you just say?" he asked, his voice stiff but his face soft as he tried to read your expression. Your eyes were welling up with tears and your heart felt like it was burning it's way through your ribcage.

"I said- I said that I'm not your favorite person," you said quietly, letting a tear slip from your eye. Your face scrunched up, everything in you convulsing as you felt your body tense, a sob making it's way from your chest.

Swiss stood up faster than you could count, standing in front of you immediately, looking down at your body crying, seated on the edge of his bed.

"Baby- Baby look at me," he said, hands holding you, touching all over your features as he cupped your jaw. He lifted your head up, seeing your face all sharp and defined, the quiver of your lip and the way your eyebrows creased, pushing together.

He could barely see you through your eyelashes, but he knew they were full to the brim with tears, multiple slipping from your eyes and directly onto this thumb, where he swiped them away.

The salty tears rubbed away into your skin as he tried to push them to the side, like he wanted to hide them away forever.

"Hey, you know that's not true-"

"No I don't! I don't! You don't love me like you love everyone else. If- If Satan took them all, sent them all back to Hell, and he gave you an option, you- you would go with them!" you cried harder, your core tensing.

He watched you hiccup and stream tears down your cheeks, watching you work yourself up, sucking in sharp breaths, choking on your tears like you'd throw up from the way they drowned you.

He sighed, knowing no sort of kisses could help this, no hugs could bring you down from your thoughts. Nothing but him.

"Who told you that? Cause I would never say that. I would never even think that," he pushed your hair behind your ears before taking you in his hands once again, "Sweetheart, I love you more than this whole damn ministry! I'd do anything for you, don't you go thinking I wouldn't. Things aren't the way your pretty head tells you they are."

You hiccuped again, eyes opening slightly as he watched you come down from your crying high, though the tears still falling told him you needed time.

He placed a hand on the back of your head, holding you against his torso, petting your head. And something inside of you must've broke when he held you like that, because he felt you sob harder, like you'd suffocate in the panic of it all.

But he knew from the way that your arms threw themselves around his waist that you believed him. Swiss felt his own eyes sting.

You'd never hugged him so tightly.