FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. potions class !

— THE RUSHING FOOTSTEPS ECHOING OFF THE MARBLE WALLS WAS A CONSTANT REMINDER THAT DORIAN AND WENDY WERE ALMOST LATE

THE RUSHING FOOTSTEPS ECHOING OFF THE MARBLE WALLS WAS A CONSTANT REMINDER THAT DORIAN AND WENDY WERE ALMOST LATE. Hand in hand, robes billowing behind them as they booked it down some stairs, flushed and breathing loudly. Both Hufflepuffs sighed in relief when they saw their potions classroom with a cluster of students just outside, meaning no one had been let in yet and they weren't going to be awarded with a tardy on their first day back.

"Where's the fire?" Sirius asked amusedly as they approached, still gasping for breath.

Dorian wheezed, "Under my arse, apparently."

"I thought we were going to be late!" Wendy defended, reaching over and grabbing her potions textbook from Dorian and gently hitting him on the arm with it.

"Forget about all that- how are you, Darling?" James jumped out of the crowd, attacking Wendy with a heavy arm around her shoulders.

"I'm right here, Potter." Dorian scoffed with a poorly hidden roll of his eyes as he fixed his robes, straightening them out from their messy state.

"And I was ignoring that fact in favour of my dearest friend, thank you." James sassed, practically sticking his tongue out like a child.

"I'm alright." Wendy laughed, choosing to ignore the juvenile arguing, "How are you, love?"

"Better, now that I know we're sharing our potions class with the Hufflepuffs." He grinned, removing his arm from around her shoulders so he could push his glasses further up his nose.

Wendy took advantage of the lack of restraint, and hopped up in front of Peter, opening her arms to him.

"What's this?" He chuckled, matching her silly stance, despite not understanding it.

"To make up for this morning." She said in a kind, yet obvious tone.

"Ahh." Peter nodded, leaning into the hug she offered, sharing in her brilliant, flashy grin when they pulled away.

A squeak of metal sounded as the door to Horace Slughorn's classroom unlocked and swung open, revealing the professor himself, beckoning the students inside.

"Seats have already been assigned, please find your desk and settle in." He shouted over the pressing crowd, eager to find their chairs and see who they'd be partnered with for this particular class.