Chapter 1

"Midoriya!" Y/n called out, raising her hand to wave at the short boy in front of her.

"Hey y/n!" Izuku exclaimed, waving back as he walked towards her and Ochako. It had been a few months into the new school year, Y/n being a one of the new kinds in the soon-to-be hero's usual class. Y/n had soon befriended most of the students, only some being distant to her friendly atmosphere.

"MOVE NERD," Katsuki huffed, kicking Izuku to the side as he trudged past the group.

"Oh, morning Kacchan!" Izuku said nervously, Bakugou not responding.

"Morning Bakugou-kun!" Y/n smiled at Katsuki, only for him to glare at her before quickly turning away, still in silence.

"It's okay Y/n, he's not really friendly with anyone, you know," Ochako reassured her friend. She knew y/n had wanted to make friends with everyone, Bakugou included, but that was an impossible task.

"I'll get him to say good morning to me one day!" Y/n made a triumphant fist as she stared into the distance, full of hope. Ochako and Izuku both laughed nervously, before the three headed inside to class.

As everyone shuffled into their seats, All Might burst into the classroom, causing a bit of a surprised ruckus.

"Good Morning heroes! I have a special announcement for you this morning- Friday, we head off for a field trip over the weekend!" All Might stood proud at the front of the classroom. Some students cheered as others excitedly spoke to their companions.

"We'll be staying two nights at a lovely spa house at the side of [unnamed] village, overlooking the mountain! It's been a tough semester for you so far, so the school board thought it fitting for a weekend off of your hero duties! Have your bags packed by Friday morning! Now you may resume normal class-" All Might finished his speech as he waved and walked out, leaving a very annoyed teacher with some very overexcited students.

"Do you think they'll have a joined bath?" Mineta spouted to the other boys, fantasizing about seeing his fellow classmates nude. The girls who overheard only shuttered in disgust.

"I hope we'll be sharing a room!" Ochako squeezed her hands into overjoyed fists, smiling at Y/n.

"Me too! I can't wait to relax with friends! I hope I'll get to know everyone better too," Y/n smiled, glancing at the familiar faces throughout the classroom. Despite knowing all their names, she still wanted to know more about everyone.

Y/n's gazed stopped on Bakugou, him looking annoyed like normal as he sighed to himself, tapping his notebook with his finger. He probably just wanted class to continue so it would be over sooner. Katsuki's eyes drifted up and caught Y/n staring at him. She only smiled, but Bakugou scoffed and turned away. Y/n continued to smile as she looked down at her desk, hiding her inner sadness.

Why didn't Bakugou want to become friends with her? She knew he was always upset and short tempered and didn't get along with most people, but she thought maybe he'd think of her as tolerable at least. Perhaps not. Maybe she could convince him during their field trip...

Ochako noted the weird reaction from Bakugou. She saw Y/n look at him, but once he caught her eyes he didn't scream at her, but instead turned away. Perhaps he was in a good mood that day.

——————

Friday morning came soon enough as students grabbed their duffles and backpacks galore and shoved themselves onto busses.

Ochako seated herself next to Izuku as Y/n had told her it was fine and that she'd find another seat buddy, only to continue walking down the aisle solemnly as seat after seat was completely full. She didn't want to get on another bus as she wanted to be on the same bus as her friends, but maybe she'd have to turn around.