ten. breaking the news

☾︎ ۞ ☽︎

"what the hell is that supposed to mean?", Kent asked curiosuly, his already big pale blue-green eyes widening. Xavier shrugged his shoulders, "we're not friends anymore."

"don't lie, we saw you both literally talking and laughing together in the hallways.", Divina said, recalling from her memory.

Xavier sighed, "we're not friends anymore cause..."

"cause... we're...", i paused, licking my lips before i continued. honestly, i didn't know why i was nervous to even tell Bianca i got together with her ex boyfriend. i mean, what can she do to me? i practiced magic since i was practically a child, and knew how to easily outsmart a siren song's spell. and what was she gonna do about me and Xavier being a couple? the most she could do was cry, which was not that bad honestly. "we're... you know what? fuck it! Xavier and i are a thing now, okay? there, i said it."

Xavier had a small proud smile as he looked down at me. i let of a deep sigh of relief, "god, that felt good."

"so you two are dating?", Divina asked, pointing at Xavier and i with a very surprised look on her face.

Bianca was speechless, and i honesty felt bad inside. "so you left me and went off with the girl who's mother was the direct rival of my mother back in high school?!", she loudly told Xavier.

"it's not my fault she isn't manipulative to who she likes.", Xavier shot back at Bianca who looked insulted. i stepped forward, "just because our moms were rivals, doesn't mean we have to hate each other. i mean, i know we have our differences but it doesn't mean we should fuck up each other's life."

"says the girl who stole my ex boyfriend!", Bianca pointed out.

"well, i would apologize, but i'm not sorry for liking Xavier at all.", i told her. "i'm willing to even help you or give you potions and shit so you'll leave me alone. i've dealt with Kent earlier today and i am very sorry for throwing you at wall earlier."

"thanks for not breaking my spine...?", Kent thanked with a very unsure tone.

although, i gotta be honest, the whole 'carrots' nickname was pretty bad so maybe it was even now. i turned back to Bianca whose eyes were slightly watery. ha, a little pun right there.

okay, that was a bad time to say that. but whatever.

"Bianca, it's not the end of the world.", Killian told her. "you'll eventually find someone new to like. believe me, i liked this girl but i eventually moved on."

"i don't think ghost girls count, Ian.", i said out loud. Killian flushed, rolling his eyes.

"okay, but ghost girls are smoking hot. it's heartbreaking when you have to move on from them.", Killian reasoned, which made the others snicker, even Bianca couldn't resist letting out one.

"so... is it time we made peace and join forces?", i held out my hand to the siren who took a few moments, just looking at it, weighing her choices carefully. the silence and tension was honestly so thick i thought it would suffocate all of us down here. Bianca looked up, her blue eyes meeting mine as she took my hand, shaking it. "alright. but don't expect me to go soft on you now, Delacroix."

"same to you, Barclay.", i smiled at the girl who had a small smile now. "well then, welcome to the Nightshade Society." Ajax spoke up, just after Bianca had finished her sentence, "okay, that was pretty crazy for a ten minute meeting. i should get going now."