.*E I G H T*.

WARNING: Sensitive scenes of death, grief and bodies.

"This could be the best thing that ever happened to you," Asher said calmly, swinging his legs where he sat on the bannister of her bedroom balcony

"This could be the best thing that ever happened to you," Asher said calmly, swinging his legs where he sat on the bannister of her bedroom balcony. "You won't be alone forever," he shrugged and she scoffed, wrestling with her blankets. She would be alive forever and she supposed he had a point, she would not spend that eternity alone anymore. That was assuming she wanted to spend any time with the Cullens.

She had felt sickly as soon as she left his presence earlier in the day but in the past half an hour, she had been feeling much better and she told herself that was a good sign-- maybe they had all been wrong and she did not have a soulmate after all.

It wasn't until she started to feel suspiciously good that she realised there was something off.

"He is here," she frowned and Asher whipped to his feet.

"Not just him, he is here with his brothers and his father," Asher glared down and Harlow met him at the bannister joining him in looking down at where the Cullens were stood on the front lawn looking up at the grand house as though they could not find the front door. "We should find out what they want," he decided, watching as their own father walked out the front of the house onto the porch and rested his hands against the dark stone wall, looking down at the vampires as though he had been expecting them-- Harlow knew that he had not.

Asher gripped Harlow's arm and the world vanished around them into a swirl of darkness, clearing to reveal the Cullens. They had teleported to the space behind their father and Asher released Harlow's arm, moving to stand at his father's side casually. The Cullens looked impressed by the sudden appearance but Harlow did not let an emotion slip as she sat on the wall, her boots hanging down and swinging just as Asher had been upstairs.

"I wondered how long it would take for you all to darken my doorstep,"  Maverick sighed calmly, warmly-- they did not know if the Cullens had come as a threat. Harlow watched the man at the front-- she'd never seen him before which told her that he was the father. If they hadn't known they were witches before, they certainly did now.

"We come in peace," the man stated calmly. He had white-blond hair that was barely darker than his skin. She reminded Harlow comically of an angel as she watched him. 

"I did not doubt it," Maverick returned, walking down the stairs and Harlow stood up on the wall, walking across calmly to the steps and hopping down onto them, following him like a guard dog with Asher on their father's other side. Still, they knew that he could handle it all for himself.

She felt powerful now that Jasper was there. In the past half an hour, she must've felt better because he was nearby.

"My name is Carlisle Cullen and these are my sons: Edward, Emmett and Jasper," he gestured. The Cullen sons looked much less welcoming in the dark forest, each with stern expressions and straight backs as though they were on guard. Hector emerged behind them, resting his elbows on the wall to silently watch-- and likely read minds.