|I{•------» [18] «------•}I|

"Let go of him!" Naruto growled at him as he stepped closer to the scene with his fists clenched tightly at his side. "Let go of him!"

The pained male released a scoff, his head cocking to the side in obvious amusement. "What are you going to do about it?"

He soon got his answer when the blond chose to charge his way. An action that proved to be more in vain than anything else when the boy simply dodged his impending tackle before countering with an attack of his own, sending Naruto flying back until he sprawled out across the floor.

"I thought Leaf ninja were supposed to be stronger," the boy guffawed in delight, tightening his grip on Konohamaru as he threw his head in laughter. "Maybe your precious princess isn't as much of a local as you guys would like to think."

Naruto's head shot towards the male holding Konohamaru when he stumbled to his feet. "You're all annoying me... It's time to take care of this brat right here," he said as he raised his fist high above his head before propelling it downwards. Konohamaru quickly shut his eyes tightly before he screamed, "Big sister!"

In a flash of bright blue, Ruka appeared, standing before the male with his fist effortlessly caught in her hand. The boy stared at her in fear as her eyes slowly hardened. Keeping one hand wrapped around his fist, she raised her leg and slammed it into his side, the force behind it sending him stumbling back and releasing her brother.

Konohamaru tumbled to the ground but wasted no time rushing behind his sister. "You came!"

"Ruka," the blond female gasped in unison with the now spluttering male at her side, their eyes widening in horror.

Ruka clenched her jaw as her eyes flickered towards the painted male. "Kankuro, I didn't know you had the guts to walk around the village," she growled as she stepped closer to them. "And attack my brother."

"Your brother?" The blonde female gasped, her gaze flickering over Ruka's shoulder and towards the younger Sarutobi. "Now that I think about it, his eyes remind me of his sister... Ruka, we didn't know."

"I don't care." Ruka held up a hand to silence her. "The point is, we have never acted out like this when we visit your village, and over here, I expect the same courtesy."

Kankuro visibly gulped, causing Sakura and Naruto to exchange a knowing look. They had the strongest suspicions that his features were deathly pale underneath all that face paint. He took a step forward, his mouth opening rather hesitantly but was cut off by a small rock slamming into the side of his face.

"Sasuke!"

Ruka turned to find a raven-haired figure lazily lounging in the tree branches above them, bouncing another stray rock up and down in his hands. He gracefully dropped down from the tree to land beside Ruka. "You shouldn't be roaming around our village. Get lost."

"I hate show-offs like you," the painted male growled, his hand reaching up to unfold the burly-looking luggage from his back, only to pause when the Konoha beauty gave him a warning look. "I suggest you stand down," she sighed in exasperation. "Or else... it would be a shame if you ruined the future sand genin's chance of taking part in the exams because of you, wouldn't you agree, Gaara?"

"Ruka's right, stop it."

The group whirled around in surprise to see the scarlet

-haired male observing the squabble with a blank expression.

"G-Gaara," Kankuro gulped at the sight of him. "Why do you think we came to Ruka's village? And you're already losing a fight? Pathetic."

"I leave you to him, Gaara," she mumbled as she sent a cold gaze that made Kankuro shiver, before walking away with her brother following her, leaving the others staring at her.