1: Working But Not Really

Herb hummed as he watered his plants, his greenhouse was quite spacious. Yet he didn't mind the work he has to put into taking care of the plants, it's like checking up on friends to him.

After watering all of his plants, he got ready to do his deliveries for the day. But just before he left, someone knocked on the door.

"Hello!" Herb answered the door to meet his friend, Clover.

"I'm sorry if you're busy today.. I came to drop off a few flowers so they don't wilt." Clover and Licorice were holding a few pots of flowers.

"What's the occasion?" Herb placed the flowers on his window and continued to prepare the deliveries.

"We're just going on a trip" Clover let out small laugh and looked at Licorice. Herb had finished preparing the plants. "Oh, have you watered the flowers?" Herb walked over to the pair. "Yeah.. we're sorry for interrupting, we'll go now." Clover thanked Herb before speedwalking towards licorice and grabbing his hand hurriedly.

"Adorable.." Herb sighed and started walking with the deliveries.

Taking in the green surroundings, he's glad that most people had agreed on the vote of planting more greenery around the place.

The few splashes of light shining through the thick leaves, perfectly landing towards where his bard friend usually performs.

He smiled. He's doing what he loves.

----------

It was morning, so Sparkling's bar was empty. "Why don't we just open at night" Sparkling whined, only for Mint to open the door.

"Oh, the usual? It's quite early for you to be here" Sparkling joked, only for Mint to reply; "No, although I think you're forgetting something"

Sparkling didn't know what it was, and Mint could tell from the bartenders puzzled expression. "A certain delivery?" Mint sighed, keeping his eyes on the bartender and dully pointed to the door. Herb was nervously standing there, he looked as if he was waiting for Sparkling to pick up the delivery outside for a while.

"Oh! I'm so sorry Herb..!" Sparkling felt guilt for forgetting but frantically helped Herb bring in the heavy potted shrubs. "It's fine" Herb chuckled as the two finished carrying the potted shrubs inside.

"Really sorry, here, I'll pay extra!" Sparkling handed over some diamonds, both to pay Herb and give him a few extra. Herb didn't know what to say, although he returned a few.

"You guys have tea right?" Sparkling just nodded and went back to the counter. "We have herbal tea" Sparkling dusted off the teacups they had, nobody really ordered tea at the bar, yet they still had it.

"I'll just have that" Herb grinned and like magic, his signature pot was back in his hands.

"You really love that plant hm?" Sparkling was back to his 'charming' demeanor. The bartender gave Herb the tea, and decided to entertain Herb.

The bar was empty, and Mint left after reminding Sparkling about the delivery. "Yeah, Its like raising a kid. You were my only delivery today so I thought to bring it along" Herb took a sip of the tea, it was just right.

The gardener looked around the bar, it was empty. "Mhm, empty. Nobody really comes in unless it's night." Sparkling had noticed Herb look around.

"I like it when it's empty. It's quiet, and I get to talk to you" he took another sip, and grinned at Sparkling 'And I get to talk to you..' it echoed in the bartenders head, he brushed it off.

"Oh? You enjoy my company?" Sparkling just acted as if he wasn't taken aback from what Herb had said.

Herb kept calm, but he did regret his words back there. "Yes I do, and you don't need to put up the charming act" he teased the bartender. Sparkling had a tint of red creeping onto his face, his usual practiced smile replaced with a slightly flustered look.