Road not taken

SUMMARY:
Stray kids but make them a team of the split bike and car street racers, will they win, or will they get into trouble along the way, who knows?

crap summary but there's not much else I can really say to be honest, but, I do love cars and bikes and the idea of skz as street racers
Pinboard because everyone secretly loves them (plus it gives a basic visual of the cars and bikes used):

  https://pin.it/3mCNQNf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The under-ground racing scene wasn't a scene many people were a part of. However, the community had enough interest to be popular but was still under the radar of any sort of authority, or the possibility that they just didn't care and couldn't be bothered to deal with something as petty. Of course, to the racers and fans this 'sport', as one could call it, was not petty and was fully worth their time, with many devoting their entire lives to the sport. Just like the large televised racing scenes, this one had teams and mini competitions that each team would take part in. Each took place in a different area, these could be the local team's territory in a way, but more seen as different districts, the best being the third.

The third district had been the reigning champions for as long as district nine could remember, not that they have been racing for long, their captain being the youngest in their little industry. There were eight of them on the team, alongside their captain of course. Even though they were the rookies they'd managed to get themselves a seemingly professional team ranging from event coordinators to mechanics and even a finance guy.

Our little rookies had managed to find themselves in the fourth district, testing out the vehicles they were racing, getting ready for the qualifiers. "Hey, Changbinnie, can you come and check that I didn't mess up the seat trying to get to the pedals!" A silver-haired guy shouted out his voice deep, "Yeah sure Felixie, just let me help Innie with his leathers," Changbinnie said, adjusting the red seamed black leather jacket on Innie. Once ensuring the jacket was the right fit and proved protective, Changbinnie, better known as Changbin, made his way over to where the silver-haired male was, the top half of his body shoved into the bonnet of the car.

"Hey, Felix, what was it that you wanted me to do again?" Changbin asked, watching as Felix lifted his head from where it was hidden in the engine and bashed it against the bonnet that was hoisted up. "Oww, I uhh the seat, make sure I didn't accidentally move it back or too forward. Jesus fuck that hurt," Felix finished while rubbing his head in the exact spot it hit the large aluminium plate. "Be careful, dummy," Innie, better known as Jeongin, said to Felix as he brought over an ice pack, his leathers squeaking with every step he took.

"Oi, fucknuts, it's time to get into your gear, Minho!! That means you too, they want you to help lead ag-" The new male, one with long blonde hair was silenced with a wad of tissues shoved into his mouth. "Alright Hyunjin, we get it, you wanna make money and we have to look good, no need to shout the place down," An orange-haired male said. Just like Jeongin, he was dressed in biking leathers, these ones being purely white, not even a stain on them.

Coughing and spluttering, Hyunjin started to pull the wad of tissues out of his mouth, grimacing at the bits he accidentally swallowed. "I was just making sure," he grumbled. "Don't forget to take out your lid this time, I don't wanna have to run across the start line with it." He said while pointing to a matching white helmet, which had large lumps near the top mimicking the ears of a rabbit. To match the little theme of a snow white bunny, he had a little cartoon rabbit stuck to the back, the crew had named it leebit. His initials were also stuck to the back as well as the very top of his visor where it wouldn't obstruct his view.

"So that means you're all ready to go?" Another voice from behind them suddenly said from the garage's opening doors, "Yes, Seungmin, we're just waiting on Changbin to get in his leathers," Minho explained. As if on cue, Changbin appeared now standing next to Jeongin in his almost matching set of leathers. They were black, the same as Jeongin's but had a nice blue seam line to match the colour of his car. Speaking of the vehicle, the Toyota GT86 was being taken to the outside, the area in the district set aside for races such as this one.