The Past

Prompt: Past Bob x reader where the reader finds out Bob is the Red Devil

I'm glad I got a request after this oml. I was kinda scared no one wanted more honestly, yet I'm glad people do. This is really fun to do.

Content warnings: Mentions of serial killers, profanity (like always in my stories), alcohol and idk. Let me know if there's others I guess lmao.

---------------------------------

The sun blared through your window, beaming harshly at your barely conscious body. You were draped across your bed, sprawled out to every angle. You looked around you to find your phone beside you, checking the time.

8:30 am.

"Holy shit it's early. Very early." You muttered out. You were so exhausted and drained from last night, your entire body limp. You knew you didn't sleep well last night, and it was affecting you now.

You begrudgingly got up, holding your head. What a raging headache. The pounding was incessant, and you wanted to stop it. You rushed off to your kitchen to get a glass of water and a bottle of pain killers. Popping a few in your mouth, you swallowed them with the help of water. Maybe the headache will stop with this. You set the glass down and walked to the living room.

The friend who picked you up last night was laying asleep on the couch, looking peaceful and unbothered. This put a smile on your face, as seeing them so calm was definitely a rare sight. Such a childish girl.

You didn't eat that morning as your stomach wasn't treating you well. However, you drank quite a bit of water from how thirsty you were. Eventually your friend Lizzy had woken up.

"Did you sleep well?" You asked, watching her harshly rub her eyes of sleep.

"Would've slept better if you didn't puke in my car, but otherwise, fine." She replied. "If you weren't so drunk, I would've made you clean it."

You let out a laugh. "Sorry about that. I didn't even drink that much."

"You don't drink as much as you used to. I'm not surprised your tolerance has gone down." Lizzy commented, standing up to stretch before grabbing the remote to the television and turning it on. Some random commercial was playing, before it just switched to the news.

"I don't understand why you watch this. It's so boring and about random political shit no one cares about." You spouted, slouching on the couch, bored.

"I like to be well informed about what's going on just in case a catastrophe happens. Like a serial killer in our area." Upon saying that, the news switched over to warn the public about one.

"The serial killer by the name of Bob Velseb has escaped prison yesterday afternoon and us on the loose. Please make sure to stay inside as much as possible and stay safe." The news reporter informed. A picture of the man mentioned was displayed, having short black hair and such a wide smile. It creeped you out a bit but...the feeling of familiarity came to you.

Lizzy burst out laughing. "Look, (Y/N)! I so called it!"

You stayed silent. Why did this man feel familiar to you? Did you meet him before? You weren't too sure, making an effort to scavenge through your memories. Didn't really go well though.

"(Y/N)? You okay?" You looked over to see worried brunette eyes meeting your own.

"Why does he look familiar? I swear I've met him before." You pointed out rather casually. Somehow you weren't even that affected by this. Just confused.

"...Excuse me?" Lizzy questioned. "I really hope you didn't. Really fucking hope not."

"Well I do remember meeting someone at the bar last night. They look familiar but I can't remember the guy's name. I could've sworn he told me it."

Lizzy just sighed. "Just. Be careful out there. If you have met him before, then I'd suggest being extra careful. He might come back again."

"And then I'll be famous!"

"THAT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE TAKEAWAY FROM THIS."

"Aww, okay." You replied, before a small memory came to you.

Y/N, such a young dear roaming the streets of their neighborhood. It was bright and colourful, with lights on at almost every house. Children laughed and called every now and then as they went door to door for candy. And oh how you loved it too.

You were only about 10 years old, rocking your costume you decided to make yourself. Whatever it was, you were so very proud of it. Very proud of it indeed. Your parents even said they liked it. Though, that could've just been to make you feel happy.

You heard footsteps behind you while you wander alone, in a more quieter place at night. The kids you saw before were back home and several lights had vanished. Yet you still wanted more. More to last for a while. Although, the footsteps sounded far too close and your attention was no longer on the candy you wanted, but instead, the steps behind.

You turned around and saw this red guy. He was rather big and so much taller than you. You were scared with the creepy smile he gave you. So wide...so sinister.

You thought he would at least say something to you; anything at all. Yet, he didn't. He walked off after taking some of your candy with his smile still left on his face. Dumbfounded, you just stood there. Watching him walk off. You didn't know his name at the time, but now you did.

"Yo, Y/N. You good?" Lizzy asked, waving a hand in front of your face.

You shook your head out of the trance you were in, bringing you attention back to her. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Just remembered something."

"Like what exactly?"

"Just from my childhood. When's Halloween again?"

She took out her phone to check the date. "About a week from now. Why do you ask? Do you want to go trick or treating again?"

"I wish I could, but I'm too old for that. Why don't we hold a Halloween costume party? Just with us and a bunch of old friends. Like old times."

"That would be nice. I'll let everyone know." She replied, back onto her phone. You took out yours as well, although, you didn't text your friends. Instead, your actions were completely lead by curiosity alone, as you began to research about this person.

Bob Velseb. You were so intrigued and couldn't tell why. 'When will I meet him again?' You thought to yourself.

When will you indeed.