the wedding night

Jude pulls Cardan by his royally beautiful sleeve, she leads him to the stairs of the Palace of Elfhame. After their regular royal duties and the coronation Jude is wide awake. Having just given her father his price of betrayal she reels from the freedom she feels now that he's gone. Despite this, she has more important and slightly less modest duties to attend to. All of them involve her and Cardan locked in their royal rooms at the center roots of the palace. Cardan stops Jude halfway up the stairs and pins her to the stone wall.
"Cardan", Jude warns halfhazardly. Cardan loops his arm around her waist and comes close to her face, mere inches away.
"Yes my darling? Is something wrong?" he replies, his eyes shining with delight and mouth smirking. Jude tips up his chin and closes the distance between them, pressing his lips to hers.
"Not at all. I've changed my mind, I think it WOULD be wise to undress right here on the stairway." She says smiling against his mouth. Cardan deepens the kiss at her words and slips his tongue into her mouth. She accepts this with delight and bites his lip in response, pulling it a little to tease him. He makes a small sound of pleasure.
"Let me take you to bed my King", Jude says seductively, her mouth against his ear. Her lips travel down to kiss his jaw and neck.
Cardan shudders at the heat of her kisses, but gives no verbal reply. He laces his hand through hers and pulls her up the stairs and towards their room. Cardan looks down the hall to either side of the entrance to their rooms. The knights stand a considerable way away but not far enough that they could not step in, were there danger. Jude makes to open the door, but Cardan stops her. He opens it instead and makes a grand gesture with his hand, indicating she walk through.
"My high queen shall not open doors herself." Cardan says with a sly smile.
"Of course not, my high king" she returns, stepping into the bedroom.