cardan's vows (and the wine's)

Jude strides into the bedroom, her gown trailing behind her. The dress is not a traditional wedding dress though, it has tight fitting off the shoulder sleeves that hug the lengths of her arms.  The sleeves are lacy and covered in a pattern of leaves. The skirt is big and billowy with a long trail, and leaves all along it. The dress is entirely black. Jude thought she wouldn't true to herself if she wore white, as white symbolizes innocence and she was far from it. Cardan agreed.
The gold crown atop her head is made to look like branches with leaves coming out of them and is twin to Cardan's. He walks into the room after his wife, his crown perched on his inky curls. He wears a suit of black, and his high cheekbones are painted with gold.
Jude runs eagerly to the bed and flops down on it, her mouth curving into a far from innocent smile. Cardan moves toward her, desire clearly written all over his face.
"Jude..." he stops at the front of the bed, remembering something.
"Just kiss me you idiot" she says.
Cardan smirks, looking down at her figure on the bed, deep brown hair fanning over the pillows.
Jude grabs for his collar, winds her fingers into his hair and pulls him to her. Their lips meet, and slide against each other over and over. Jude sighs in bliss and pleasure, which encourages him. Cardan climbs over her, his legs on either side of hers and cups his arm behind her head, at the base of her neck. He pulls back, but then dips his head toward her and licks her bottom lip, so very slowly. Jude gasps at the contact and shivers. He kisses his way down her face to her chin, down her neck and to her ear, showing her his love and desire for her in his actions.
"My love, we haven't said our private vows yet."
Jude is out of breath, her eyes half closed at Cardan's words against her ear. He could whisper anything in her ear and she'd find it sexy. They decided to do public and private vows for their wedding. He pulls back and looks into her eyes, now open and full of tenderness.
"I suppose we haven't" she replies. They look at eachother and Jude sits up, her against the pillows. Cardan moves so he's lying next to her on the bed.
"Shall I start?"
She nods, preparing herself for his words, and looks over at him.
"Jude" he reaches over and brushes his fingers along her cheek.
"I first realized I liked you in more than a physical way when you were below the sea. I imagined you alone and cold, in a place you did not know and it hurt almost too much to bear. I felt the coldness of your absence not unlike the coldness of the sea. I even missed you ordering me around, as surprising as it sounds. At first it bothered me, but then it dawned on me that i would take orders from you willingly. I trusted you, even if you did not yet trust me."
Jude is staring at him intently her eyes soft, she smiles and silently urges him to continue.
"I loved you when I sent you into exile, I merely wanted to trick you, as you had tricked me, when you crowned me high king. I thought you'd find me clever." He says chuckling.
"I got you good didn't I, Jude?"
She laughs and punches him in the arm, softly though. Her exile was not a funny subject at the time, but they were able to laugh about it now.
"I wanted to kill you Cardan!" She says sternly but can't keep the smile of her face.
"What else is new?" He says grinning at her.
"I don't want to kill you now obviously, as I'm in your bed and married to you. And there's the part  about being in love with you, too." Cardan smiles at this her words.
"I love you more than wine, and that's saying something." Cardan declares proudly.
"Are you comparing ME, your wife and the High Queen of Elfhame, to an alcoholic DRINK?!" She asks incredulously.
"I said you're BETTER than wine!!" He returns, defending himself.
"OH PLEASE. Now finish your vows already, I'm absolutely sure you have more to say."
His expression turns serious and he looks at her deeply, his eyes black pools, rimmed with gold. "I do. Jude Duarte I am yours forever. I love you." He kisses her deeply showing her he means it. Jude kisses him back for a second, but then pulls back, hops off the bed and walks out the bedroom door.
"One second, I'll be right back." She says at the door.
Cardan sighs dramatically, and drops his had against the pillow behind him. He's unsure if her intentions, and maybe a little scared to find out.
Jude comes back into the bedroom a second later, carrying a bottle of wine in her hand. She walks over to the bed.
"I thought the wine should be in on the vows too, since you love it so much and all." She explains rolling her eyes, but smiling all the same.
Cardan throws his head back and laughs.
"I suppose so."
She makes a come her motion with her hand and Cardan obliges, getting up from the bed to stand in front of her.
"Kneel please." She says sweetly and innocently, though she is not. Cardan regards her carefully, a question in his eyes.
"Of course my queen." He sinks to his knees now smiling mischievously.
Jude uncorks the wine bottle and tips up his chin, to pour some in his mouth. She spills a little on his chin and neck, not so accidentally.
"Need a little help with that" she laments, her voice like honey.
Without waiting for a reply starts kissing him, then licks the wine off his neck occasionally sucking him there. Cardan makes a sound deep in his throat, and closes his eyes. The wave of delight disorients him, making him feel dizzy and lightheaded with pleasure.
Jude takes her lips away from his neck and licks them, the taste of wine and Cardan mingle together on her tongue. It's a delightful mixture she thinks.
"That's all for the wine's vows. Now mine."
Cardan seems unable to speak.