End

Hand in hand Mark and Donghyuck watch the others walk along the street, talking as loud as they want and joking without fear of walkers realizing their presence. Donghyuck doesn’t have to shush them anymore; instead he raises his voice to match theirs, much to their delight. Upon his request they even went to the highest place they could find, cupping their mouths and yelling out with reckless abandonment.

They’re headed to their future, where never again will they have to experience death or sadness. Donghyuck's still adjusting to that fact, but it’s something easy to accept

We can live at least semi-normal life now, you know.” Mark says, slowing down so that he can be heard over the other's loud voices. “There’s no need to run anymore.

One day,” Mark continued, “Even if things get under control enough for us to live a normal life, I’d like it if we were still together.

You still remember that?” Donghyuck asks, his surprised expression changing into a happy one at Mark's nod.

Of course I do,” Mark replies easily, but his eyes have that intensity again that makes Donghyuck's knees weak. “Do you really think I could forget?

I don’t know. I hoped not.” Donghyuck squeezes Mark's hand, smiling and shaking his head in disbelief. “I guess this means we have forever together, even if it’s not the under the circumstances I wanted back then.

Mark's smiling mischievously, and Donghyuck immediately dreads whatever’s about to come out of his mouth. “Looks like you lucked out, mom; you’ll have all the time in the world to take care of us now.

Donghyuck tries to swat at him but Mark's pulling away, laughter in his eyes as he takes off running.

Get back here Mark Lee!” Donghyuck yells, running after him.

When the others see them pass they take off running too, racing down the pier until they reach the edge. By the time they’re there Donghyuck's already forgotten about Mark's teasing, too busy looking out at the water in front of them.

We should go soon.” Mark says, smiling in content.

It was finally time for them to move on, to start a new chapter of the rest of their lives. They stand side by side, shoulders touching and ready to take anything together. They share confident looks, excited nods.

Yeah,” Donghyuck agrees, staring out into the distance.

With the sun against their backs and wind in their hair, they’re finally free.

A/n : And it's done. Thank you for sticking till the end. Don't forget to vote and comment. Drink a lot of water, don't skip meals, and take care. Until we meet again.

With love
~Richa💚

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 || 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐡𝐲𝐮𝐜𝐤/𝐍𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧 🎉