2; "Huh?"

Basen Henituse was fine.

Well, not exactly fine, he was in a stable coma. Unfortunately the explosion in the party -on the King's fucking birthday- affected him by trying to make all the ungrateful nobles get out safely, causing a large explosion to reach him directly.

Final result? He lost an arm and now he  has ugly red and purple burn marks covering his body, mostly his battered face, along with the small blow to the head he received when he fell. The healers in charge said there was nothing they could do about it.

They. Could. Not. Do. ANYTHING. About. It.

Which the Henituse family regretted and suffered, but not Cale. Cale found this stupid. How is it possible that even the best healers can't at least do anything about the burns?

And the worst thing is that they didn't even try!

And his father along with the countess accepted this just like that. They didn't ask why it took them less than five minutes to check out Basen, even though it's supposed to take MINIMUM thirty minutes.

His father.

Pff, his father with luck knew the names of the healers.

. . .

Alright, it didn't go to that extreme, but Cale felt that way. Let him be dramatic for a few seconds, sheesh.

He had to admit that Count Deruth was indeed an exemplary father figure to Basen and Lily, never failing them in anything and always being there for them.
Obviously he research about the useless healers who didn't even deserve to be named.

[Even if his father hadn't investigated, Countess Violan wouldn't have stood idly by.]

Sigh, but enough of the whining and insulting people.
The thing is, Cale had just now left the great Henituse County so he could find someone, anyone, who could bring Basen back.

They told you that he was stable, right?

What a big lie, that's what they told the public. The truth was that he was stable, but at the same time he was at risk of death at any second.
In any year, month, day, hour or even second, the brown haired can have a heart attack and die. Dramatic, but true.

And Cale didn't want or wish this. So he literally read all the libraries and bookstores where strange but convenient addresses came out, they just gave him addresses where he could find someone who could help.

[gOlDeN HaIr/]

He wasn't going to leave his brother like this. He couldn't and he wouldn't.

Not when it was his fault for having to attend initially, but because he said something stupid and hurtful, he left him more or less prostrate. He was supposed to go and attend, not Basen. He is supposed to be hurt, not Basen.

Basen doesn't deserve it.

He on the other hand. . ., maybe he deserves it. It is still not very clear. But he is not the center of this, it is his bro-Basen. He is the one who needs help, not him.

Maybe help form a psychologist, but that's a topic for another day. Though . . . Nope!

"Concentrate . . ." He muttered to himself, while the people passing looked at him strangely. Cale sighed hatefully, he had known those looks since he was barely ten years old. Disgust, hate, pity, grief, disgrace.

How he hated those looks.

It's not like he's the only one in the world to have these kinds of family issues, is he?
There were nobles who had it worse than him -cough! Family stan cough! -. Man, even the crown prince was trying to commit muerder with his brothers!