Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

CHAPTER 7

CONTENT WARNING: This story contains fictional depiction of self-harm and suicidal ideation. Reader discretion is highly advised.

CHAPTER 7

THE FIRST THING Kade did after he and his mother checked into a hotel suite with two bedrooms was charge his phone. It had been dead for a couple of days, and he had a feeling he'd be bombarded with messages and e-mails once he turned it on.

And he was not mistaken, but he only replied to two people. His agent, Andrew and his friend, Hale.

To Andrew: I'm out. Let's meet up over dinner.

Below his message was the hotel's address.

To Hale: I'm out and about. Don't worry. Mom is with me. See you at the exhibit.

After he sent his message to Hale, he dialed Xanthie's number. He was one hundred percent certain that a message wouldn't suffice after he read Xanthie's dozens of messages.

"Oh. So, I'm finally allowed to talk to you now, Mr. Kade Black?" Those were Xanthie's words when he picked up.

Hearing his full name from Xanthie's mouth, Kade knew Xanthie was pissed. But knowing that Xanthie looked more handsome than menacing when mad, he could only smile wryly. "Sorry. I was busy."

"Yeah, right."

"I'm with mom."

"You went home?" Xanthie sounded surprised. He knew Kade had issues with his mother, but he didn't know what those issues were. So it surprised Xanthie to hear Kade mention his mother. "You finally made up with her?"

"Kind of."

"That's good." Xanthie's mood changed. He was not angry anymore. He was happy for Kade because to him, family was important more than anything. "How about your dad?"

Kade chuckled as he leaned against the frame of the large glass window overlooking the bustling city. "Mom would skin me alive if I contacted dad. Though I have no plans to, anyway. He could've just told mom he wanted out. Why cheat?"

An amused smile spread across Xanthie's lips. "Coming from a man who changed partners faster than he changed socks, that sounds unbelievable."

Kade grimaced. "All of my partners knew the real score."

Hearing Kade say the word "partner", Xanthie adversely recalled the unfamiliar voice of the man who answered Kade's phone when he called. Up to that very moment, it still bothered him.

"... Xanthie?"

Xanthie blinked and cleared his throat. "Well, I'm glad you're okay and that you made up with your mom."

"Yeah. I'm glad too. Anyway, I'm kind of sleepy so I'm hanging up now. I'll see you at the exhibit."

The smile that had been eluding Xanthie's lips these past few days was back. "Okay. See you there. Take care of yourself and sleep a lot. Bye."

"I will. Bye."

The call ended and Kade immediately put aside his phone to lie on the large bed and rest. For some reason, the moment he closed his eyes, he immediately fell asleep.

Meanwhile, in Montréal, Xanthie's agent, Emmett Harris, frowned at Xanthie who left the room to take a phone call. They were in the middle of a meeting with a famous singer who personally came to Xanthie's house to request an album collaboration with him.

At times like this Emmett gave thanks for Xanthie's reputation in the music industry.

Xanthie Lorenz. A songwriter referred to as a genius in the music industry. Since his first album  garnered attention from record labels, his music had never failed to climb to the top of the charts. He became a sought-after songwriter over the years. It had been a decade since then. His prestige grew as he accumulated awards every year. There were offers to make him a singer, but Xanthie refused, saying that he only wanted to make songs and stay out of the limelight.

icon lock

Show your support for C.C., and continue reading this story

by C.C.
@CeCeLib
To Kade Sanford Black, falling for his best friend Xanthie Lorenz, a...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 54 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @CeCeLib.