CHAPTER TWO : THIS TIME I WON'T LEAVE

"Cheers!" Another clinking of glasses could be heard. The soothing music lingered in the background as they drank to their heart's content.

"It's been a long time since we last saw each other, Charm. You still look disgustingly ugly as heck," someone remarked. That struck a chord with Charm's inner self. Well, Charm may be the kind of person who enjoys studying in a small, cute bookstore or library, but she's also the type who insults others better than anyone else.

"coming from an incredibly potato-looking piece of shit?" Charm retorted, making everyone laugh. Most of them were already drunk as hell.

They had actually decided to throw her a surprise welcoming party. They had decorated the party stuff at the back of her sister's house, played numerous games, and now it was already 11 o'clock. Charm could be sassy, but she loved all of them, well, most of them.

Another guy kept staring at her. He enjoyed seeing her again. A smile kept creeping onto his face when she talked about stuff and that smile, that smile that Hyunjin couldn't get out of his head.

Call him crazy, but he loved seeing Charm's eyes sparkle with happiness as she talked about random stuff. He had taken away her happiness for a very long time.

"Hyunjin? Hyunjin!" All Hyunjin could do was reply with a 'huh?' He had been too focused on staring at Charm that he completely forgot they weren't the only people there.

"What is it?" he asked, quite shocked when he saw Charm staring at him. Throughout the day, Charm had avoided his gaze every time their eyes met, except for the first time they saw each other. They had been amused by each other's eyes, but that amused reaction Charm had faded and was replaced with a stoic one.

Just like how Charm was staring at him now. She had been smiling the whole time when it came to her friends, but when it came to him, she never smiled or showed any emotions other than being stoic.

And whose fault was that? Of course, it was Hyunjin's.

"It's nothing," he replied to Han. They shrugged it off and began talking about new topics.

"What are we gonna do now?" Catherine asked.

"Let's play hide and seek," Han suggested. Most of them rolled their eyes.

"Lame. Any other suggestions?" Akira asked. There were a few suggestions here and there, but all Hyunjin could do was lovingly stare at Charm.

She was so beautiful. Who wouldn't stare at a pretty girl like that?

"Y'all keep suggesting lame shit. What if Charm cooks for us and we patiently wait? How does that sound?" Han suggested, and Charm gave him a dangerous look.

"What if I kick your ass? How does that sound?" she said.

"That sounds... so painful. Spare me, sensei!" They all chuckled because of Han.

"Let's just drink. It's almost midnight. We might upset Charm's neighbors if we continue to play." Everyone nodded in agreement as Seungmin suggested it.

"Seungmin is right," Catherine said.

"Since when did I become wrong?" Seungmin's lip curved, and a small smirk was visible.

"Since the day you picked the wrong girl," Minho suddenly spoke up, and everyone turned their heads in his direction. Minho looked at Seungmin with an irritated glare as he clenched the bottle of beer in his hand. Perhaps it was the alcohol taking over him, or perhaps it wasn't.

"Here you go again with that bullshit. I don't even know what nonsense you keep talking about," Seungmin reasoned out. Every time Minho talked to him, it was always this conversation, and they ended up fighting over it. Minho scoffed and rolled his eyes. Minho couldn't take it anymore, so he grabbed the hem of Seungmin's shirt and almost tried to punch him.