『 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 』

█ ❝go back for him.

where to go? jiyoo puffs out her lips and thinks as she stares around the quiet streets.

the only place she could go at the moment was the hospital, where her family was. her mom stays there most of the day to be with her dad, jiyoo's been getting worried if her mom has been getting enough sleep or eating enough. it's time someone else fills in to take care of her dad.

so she exhales once more before walking to a bus stop. she holds onto her bags tighter as she waits for a vehicle to come by.

funny how things can change by just a few hours.

if she didn't go to that club at all, she would've been happy with taehyung. being able to see his beautiful boxy smile, his black curly hair, being able to hear his soft voice, his cute laughter. it breaks jiyoo's heart the more she thinks about all the things she'll never get to experience again.

he really was a special one. maybe so special that she's unable to move on and agree that there'll be someone else in his life to treat him exactly how he deserves, exactly how he wants, to keep him happy all the time. it may not be her, but at least one of them is happy.

-

"jiyoo?" her mom speaks up, leaving dad's hospital room. "what're you doing here?"

"eomma.. hey. i just wanted to check up on you and dad. how is he?" jiyoo slowly began to walk towards her mom, rolling the bag slowly. she was a mess. it really worried her mom.

"he's.. fine." she said in suspicion. "but you, you don't look fine. why do you have a suitcase with you?"

jiyoo didn't know what to say. she stuttered and scattered her gaze around the hospital lobby as she thought of an excuse, but someone interrupted her. thank god.

"mrs. lee?" a doctor looks up from his clipboard to the two girls standing by the front counter. "i'd like to share some information with you." he flashes a bright smile.

"oh. yeah- okay." her mom agrees, first looking at jiyoo and then walking to the doctor.

-

tick tock.. tick tock..

the clocks ticking filled the silence as jiyoo looked down at her clammy hands, thinking about all of the events that had happened in the past few hours.

it's still so hard to believe. endless questions about what'll happen to her fills her mind.

where'll i go to stay? what's going to happen to taehyung? do you think he's going to come look for me? what do i do? is appa okay?

how will i find someone to replace taehyung?

a shaky voice snaps her out of her thoughts.

"jiyoo?" iseul walks towards the hospital chair that jiyoo was sitting on. she fiddles with her fingers and continues to stare at jiyoo. meanwhile, jiyoo doesn't want to look at iseul at all. seeing her makes everything inside sting even more. it's already tough enough. "please, can i explain. just give me two minutes. that's all i need."

still, jiyoo didn't bother looking back at iseul. but she didn't stop her from trying to explain either. an explanation to one little part of her wreck can make things a bit lighter.

"i ended it off with hyunwoo." iseul admits, looking down at her hands. "i know, apologies don't fix anything especially when you're in a state like this. it's hard to move on really easily, i completely understand." pausing, she waits for any reaction from jiyoo. thankfully, jiyoo looks at her and softens her gaze. "i- i don't know.. what happened to me. meeting hyunwoo was so sudden. the first time i laid my eyes on him i- i knew he was exactly what i was looking for. of course, i won't have a love so deep as the two of you did.. or at least hyunwoo did.. but jiyoo i'd be lying if i said it didn't break me when i left him. i want to go back to him. i left him for you. but i want to go back so badly. i want to tell him how much i regret leaving him. but i don't want to lose you. i don't want you to leave my life, jiyoo." her hand stacks on top of jiyoo's. tears were forming in her eyes, so were in jiyoo's.

she didn't think she'd have to break down again.. but here she is, crying her heart out in front of iseul.

"the world is full of shitty people, and i don't want you to go through your rough patches alone. because that fucking sucks." she continued, letting the tears roll down her cheeks. they both cried together in the quiet hospital, not caring if anybody could hear them or not.

the more jiyoo sinks into the words iseul says, she realizes that she's in the same exact situation with taehyung.

jiyoo left taehyung because she wanted him to be happy with someone he actually loves. she left him for his happiness. but, jiyoo still wants to go back to him. she wants to jump into his arms and cry into his chest, engulfing into his embrace.

that's exactly how iseul feels.

she left hyunwoo because she wanted jiyoo to be happier. she's already suffering through a lot, so iseul didn't want to put more weight onto it. iseul left hyunwoo for jiyoo's happiness. but, she wants to go back to hyunwoo so badly. she misses him.

realizing the whole situation, jiyoo now begins to feel bad for putting iseul into a situation like this. how could she let iseul take on the burden she already is with taehyung?

even though iseul has been shit to jiyoo, there's no worse pain than having to leave someone you love.

"iseul." finally, jiyoo speaks up. "you need to go back to hyunwoo."

"wha-"

"please. don't do the same thing that i'm doing. i'll be okay, i promise." the tears came back, streaming down like waterfalls. jiyoo didn't want to hide them anyway. she let them fall down and drop on to her bare arms.

"jiyoo, i can't leave you again. i'm already the worst person in the world."

"i'd hate you even more if you carried on without hyunwoo like this." she trembled, her voice was breaking. jiyoo was weak.

"fine. but i'm coming back for you, i promise. and we'll buy a place for you to stay, we'll make sure you're dad is going to be okay, we'll make sure everything is alright. i promise with my whole fucking heart, jiyoo. i'm not going to leave you this time."

"go."

and just like that, jiyoo was left alone once again in the hospital. she looked at the ground.

everything's a wreck. and it's all because she fell in love with someone she couldn't have.

taehyung, i'm sorry.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.