Chapter Thirteen

I yawned for the thirteenth time this evening, keeping a close eye for prey while up in my tree. I got a few worried looks earlier before us kids split up for the hunt. I knew the others were worried about my fatigue but so far no one had spoken up about it and I was content with that. Its not that I don't appreciate the sentiment, I do, I just don't want them to worry about me when I felt fine.

I glared at my hands as they itched and ignored them as I watched the bleary town fall asleep. So boring, so... human.

Stretching, I jumped from my tree onto the smooth ground below. I don't remember how long I stayed up in that tree for but it was long enough for my muscles to get stiff and sore from lack of use. I ignored that too and walked right into town, not caring what the others thought, I needed some damn Tylenol.

My head hurt and it was keeping me from truly concentrating on the task. But then again, that wasn't true either, my hands itched. They itched and burned and I wanted nothing more than to cause pain and death, I wanted to make strangers scream and look at me with nothing but horror and pain and fear. I wanted it so badly my head hurt and my hands itched.

I didn't want to have my friends screams in my ear any longer and I didn't want to see them be ripped apart when I closed my eyes. I wanted someone else to die and cover up those screams in my head with some of their own.

In truth, I wasn't fine. I was scared, tired, and overall sick to my stomach. Over the past few days we've been in the human world, I haven't slept much, and when I did it wouldn't take long for me to wake up because of the fire and death. I lost my appetite somewhere around the third day and haven't been eating since.

Through all that time, we still haven't had a proper hunt yet, just been setting up and planning. Mostly watching the small town and its civilians before slender told us it was okay to begin hunting this morning. I think slender almost told me I couldn't go, but he must've stopped himself right before hand cause here I was, walking through town looking for a damn convience store so I could get some pain killers.

I groaned and turned back around, I was being stupid and didn't really even want pain killers, I just wanted to get rid of the screaming and finally get some dreamless sleep. So I waked all the back to my tree and waited.

What felt like hours later I watched a couple drunk teenagers slip into the park, giggling and stumbling their way down the path.

I watched the two boys laugh at nothing and drank from their bottles for a bit before soundlessly slipping from my tree. I came up behind them and my hands twitched, the itchiness was stronger as I took out my blade from my thigh holster. I grinned when a surge of power rushed into me.

Jeff:

I lost sight of Cat, great. She was supposed to be in her little tree, and I was supposed to watch her and make sure she didn't collapse or anything stupid like that. But, for some stupid reason, I take my eyes off of her and she's already gone.

I keep thinking that she found out I was keeping a tag on her like Slendy wanted me too but I don't understand how she would've found out. My first thought was the town but after a thorough search I found out she wasn't there either. So I went and asked the others to see if they caught sight of her.

I got a few dumb looks, couple dumb remarks, but overall they all said no. Even her little pet didn't seem to know where she was, or maybe I was crazy and talking to a dumb animal but then again Cat says he can talk and I just can't hear it since Cat seemed to be the only fricking one to understand him. So I walked back to my original post, to see if she maybe went back.

That's when I finally saw her. Covered head to toe in blood with a blank
expression on her face. I was a bit shocked so to say but it didn't take long for me to run to her side and see if she was alright.

At her feet, two humans lay in a bloody heap of torn up flesh smelling like death and alcohol. ---

********

Sorry this is what I had in my archives for chapter thirteen and I thought this was a bit more satisfying and what I had previously published. I know there is obviously supposed to be more but I had wrote this so long ago that I can't remember. My next authors note should explain why this is the way it is and why I'm publishing it like this.