5

None of them got any sleep. They were all covered in dirt, sweat, and blood.

It was dawn, they had been cleaning up camp since the incident. Andrea still hadn't left her sister's side. Ed, as well as some others, had been bit. Daryl had a pickaxe and was stabbing the corpses in the brain, ensuring they stayed dead. Glenn and T-Dog were carrying them off to either be burned or buried.

She had never felt this disgusting, and disgusting might not even be the right word. Her hair was damp against her face and neck, clinging to her skin. What skin was exposed was covered in dirt and sweat, along with her clothes. The shirt and pants she was wearing were sticking to her. The smell of burning bodies was horrible. The Georgia sun was starting to result in her skin burning. Her head was still lightly throbbing, from the lack of food and water and being hit in the head with a metal bat, she felt downright well, disgusting.

Aurora was sitting around the empty campfire with Dale, Carol, Lori, and Shane. Rick walked over, looking at Andrea still haunched over Amy's body, "She still won't move?"

Lori responded, "She won't even talk to us. She's been there all night. What do we do?"

"Can't just leave Amy like that." Shane noted, "We need to deal with it the same as the others"

"I'll tell her how it is." Rick tried to approach Andrea, but she pulled her gun on him, cocking it, "I know how the safety works."

He nodded and backed off, slowly walking away and back towards the rest of them at the campfire.

Daryl joined them, his voice low but scolding them nonetheless, "Y'all can't be serious. Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girl's a time bomb."

"What do you suggest?" Rick asked him.

"Take the shot," Daryl motioned to his head, "Clean, in the brain from here. Hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance."

"No" Lori cut him off before he could say anything else, "For God's sakes, let her be."

Aurora squinted up at Daryl, "Let her handle her sister how she wants to. It's not our choice."

Everyone was acting like it was their choice what to do with Amy. If it was any of them in the situation, Aurora could guess that they would want to handle it their own way. If that was her brother laying dead on the ground she wouldn't want people coming up and trying to kill him. Although Aurora didn't really like Andrea, the woman deserved to say goodbye to her sister however she wanted to.

A walker had bit Jim. They put him in 'Time out' by the RV and were in a circle, once again discussing what to do with one of their own.

Daryl was quick to it again, "I say we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girl's and be done with it."

Shane looked over and glared at him, "Is that what you'd want if it were you?"

Daryl deadpanned, "Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it."

Dale spoke up, "I hate to say it... I never thought I would, but maybe Daryl's right..."

He was caught off by Rick before he could go on, "Jim's not a monster, Dale, or some rabid dog."

"I'm not suggesting..." Dale was cut off again by Rick going on, "He's sick, a sick man. We start down that road, where do we draw the line?"

"The line's pretty clear." Daryl expressed, "Zero tolerance for walkers, or them to be."

Aurora wrinkled her nose, "Right now he's alive. You're talking about killing a living man, with a pickaxe to the head. That's a horrible way to go."

"What if we can get him help?" Rick suggested, "I heard the C.D.C. was working on a cure."