One - Flying.

This chapter was inspired by the song yoshi's island by glass beach, i highly recommend listening to it while reading!!

.   .   .

On Monday, I prayed to be a bird. The clouds looked so fluffy that day, and I just wanted to be among them.

But now it's Tuesday, and I'm not a bird. Maybe I didn't pray hard enough. Mama always said that God answered our prayers, even the small ones. Sometimes I wonder if he misses my prayers, or if he's just too busy answering important ones. My prayers are silly, so it's never a surprise when mine are not answered. 

But, maybe God has a reason for not replying.

.

A tap on my shoulder brought me back to reality. Sadly, now that my daydreaming was cut short, I had to figure out where I was. When I looked beside me, I was quick to remember. Next to me sat Tommy, my anchor to reality. We're in class, or at least I think we are. In what other place would I be in that had me in a room full of high schoolers, with my best friend? I can't really think of any other place besides school where that would happen. 

Tommy glanced at me, waving his hand slightly to make sure I wasn't lost in thought.

"Hellooo, are you here?"

He flashed me a smile after he had spoke, and I smiled right back.

"Mhm! I'm here," I replied.

"Good to hear," was his relieved response.

.

The wonderful thing about Tommy, is that he knows I struggle with paying attention. I can't ever focus on something I don't enjoy, and so I zone out. So many teachers have gotten mad at me over the years for that, and not to mention fellow peers. My ADHD is one of the number one reasons that I never had many friends. They didn't understand that I wasn't purposefully ignoring them. I tried my best to focus on their rants, but I always saw something that seemed a lot more interesting then their words to focus on. When it was clear to them that I wasn't focused, they'd get upset. 

Sometimes, their dislike towards my constant state of high energy and distraction would grow so much that they'd start to act upon their feelings. Sometimes, I'd get picked on, or they'd ignore me. Once, this girl had become so upset that I had zoned out, and proceeded to call me a retard. She'd been angry for a while now, and had been acting quite mean towards me for a while now. 

But that statement was the last straw.

Once she had called me that horrible name, I snapped. I had begun screaming at her, and had attempted to claw her eyes out. The teacher had unfortunately had to hold me down, and I was sent to the principal's office that day. A few days after that, I got diagnosed with ADHD.