CHAPTER 1

EVELYN'S POV

“DIE, BITCH!”

I was just awakened from the kick, and let out a groan as blood spurt from my mouth. What the hell? What's going on?

I was confused as I tasted my blood. My brows knitted and had no idea what the hell is going on with me right now. Was I caught by those gangsters who refused to pay the rent? If not, how could I be easily hurt when they were the ones who could challenge me to this extent, although those gangsters were just all talk?

I almost yelped when I felt the pain all over my body. I could even feel that my ribs were broken, so as well my face was swollen.

I found myself half kneeling on the ground.

What the hell is happening?

Just as I was about to raise my head, I received she kicked again from my stomach which almost made my eyes turn white. Damn it! Blood spurt out of my mouth again.

“Not dead yet?”

I heard a mocking voice, a tone of a woman. Not a voice of a girl in her teenage praise but rather a woman who was younger than me.

Wait... how come there's a woman who wants to harm me? As far as I could remember, no woman was my tenant, all of my tenants were gangsters, that's why I would always get chased or get in a lot of fights whenever its time to collect the money.

That's right, I'm a landlord.

However, how come there's a woman who tried to harm me? Could it be that one of my tenants unexpectedly got a girlfriend?

But it was impossible! Every woman who would look at them would run away immodestly and due to their bad records, no sane woman would want to be with them. Of course, I'm not criticizing my tenants but it was because of their background that no women would be with them unless they are forced. But of course, not unless it's true love.

My brows furrowed as I was about to look up to see who this woman is, but instead, I received another slap. A slap on my cheeks. My cheeks were already swollen, my body was aching and the ground was splattered with my blood. Even my hair was in a mess to the point I could scent my blood.

“You dirty old being! Why did you have to be born? Sure enough, a woman who comes from a mistress would also follow the legacy of the mistress.” The woman said in a mocking tone as she tighten the grip on my hair.

Old being? A child from a mistress? What the fuck aPhoenix'stalking about? This is libel! My mother isn't a mistress! She only had my dad even when they fell off the cliff when they were on the way to my birthday. Both of them love each other to the point that they look like conjoined twins!

I almost roared in anger. I wanted to shout at her but my vocals were blocked with my blood. Damn it! Where the fuck am I?

My eyes squinted as I raised my head to look at the woman who was gritting her teeth while looking at me as if she wants to tear the fleshes in my body.

Is this woman crazy? Beating a person as I owe her in her past life, is she an animal?! She would be sent to prison if she killed someone!

“Who are you?” I tried to ask in a hoarse voice. It was due to the screaming and crying that my voice sound hoarse.

However, when the heck did I cry or scream? I only screamed at my tenants but crying? I've never cried or even begged someone unless it is related to my parents.

Before my father died, I was taught to defend myself and practice self-defense. My father was part of the military and since I was the unica-hija in our family, my father decided to train me when I was the age of ten because my father was afraid that I might get an advantage of the people surrounding me.